Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness đŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

V sweaty but really enjoyed today’s run

23 Likes

Love the consistency in the spilts :confetti_ball::running_woman:t2:

16 Likes

:clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3: well done, that can be so tough at times!

2 Likes

Did you get a new hydration vest? I’m used to your one with the little bits of high vis

2 Likes

It’s an old one. I needed a new bladder for the other one and fun fact I can’t find a 1 liter bladder (even on Amazon!) so I got a 2 liter thinking maybe I could shove it in there. Didn’t work but it does fit this old one. I’m not a fan of it. It doesn’t have pockets in the front for my apple sauce or other gels. I’ve debated on just buying the pack again ($20 at Walmart)

3 Likes

Is it a specific brand/shape/valve/price point you’re looking for? There’s a handful of ones out there I could potentially suggest. Have you tried only partially filling the 2L to fit it in?

2 Likes

I want to build muscle (I have none) and get stronger but I hate feeling painfully sore :upside_down_face:
 is there any hope for me?

3 Likes

You can see the lil 2.5lb dumbbells I had to use yesterday peeking out the bottom, and my arms are on fire today :woozy_face: I’m having a hard time even fully extending them

15 Likes

sure there is hope for you. :sunrise_over_mountains: you start where you are and build from there. anybody who’s good at anything has been doing that consistently and dedicatedly for a [long - whatever that means] time. it doesn’t matter so much what happens today. it matters that it happens today and tomorrow and the day after. enjoy the journey!

one practical tip: if you’re sore, rest. always give those muscles that you worked enough rest. otherwise no progress.

8 Likes

All the ones I found were short and fat but the bag looks like it needs a long and skinny. I couldn’t fit the 2 liter bladder in the Avia backpack without water :roll_eyes: text me you suggestions :blush: I really like the Avia one I got from Walmart. I wanted a Nathan brand but dang they are expensive

3 Likes

Hadn’t chanced a run in over 3 weeks. Just a hair over freezing this morning. I had to get back out there - I was noticing how quickly I was feeling gassed in the gym due to my cardio not being up to snuff.

Given the circumstances, wasn’t expecting much of myself.

Well, for the first time since my spine surgery (8 mos ago), I was able to run my full 6 miles without any walking intervals. I’m so thrilled with that.
It wasn’t the plan, but at no point was there any pain or stiffness - so I just kept going.

Feels good, man.
Let’s go for it again tomorrow.

17 Likes

Back to strength training and some HIIT cardio to shed some pounds I gained this year. I never take a full break from tri training so this year I’m “trying” :crazy_face: something different.

16 Likes

Pre-surgery: stuck at 4x12x360 for YEARS because of the deficits in my legs via my spinal cord issue.

Now, regularly doing 4x15x500, and time to move up more.

Still can’t do real squats or deadlifts due to my dead ankle/dead calf, but perhaps my efforts will bring that back.

16 Likes

This is my motivational reminder each time I feel discouraged when I’m trying something new:

8 Likes

Chest/ tri day. Keep getting after it all🙃

16 Likes

Do you have heat down there?
Pretty blues like my son, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Day 1153. Deadlift, back/bi day. I lift for mental health, not muscles but if i accidentally get muscles in the process that’s cool too.

@DLS I do have heat in my gym I just like keeping really warm too help avoid injury. The blue eyes use to draw in the ladies back in the younger days :wink:

17 Likes

No doubt, my friend, they still do, :laughing::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’m a sucker for big blues
one of my hubby’s best features :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @Dan531 has lovely ice blues! :heartpulse:

5 Likes

ah oh well I see. since we’re all flirting with Dan today Imma join in then and say the whole dude plus the gym plus the eyes make for a real nice overall package. :blush:

happy to see you @Dan531! my lifting is annoyingly on hold for a couple days while I’m frantically finishing up with a long term project but I think I got a lifting belt waiting under the xmas tree and I can not wait to put that to use asap. I made decent progress recently and so keen to get back.

happy xmas to my fellow gym nuts and mental health lifters. :purple_heart: :christmas_tree: :weight_lifting_woman: :boar:

9 Likes