Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

Mid thirties??? You’re still a young pup :wink:

1 Like

My strava recap for May made me realize I don’t really take rest days :upside_down_face: Some days I only walk the dogs but still almost everyday I’m doing something. Kinda proud lol

3 Likes

Thats a thing of beauty. The benches at my gym are way to narrow, I’ll have to convince the owner to invest in one of these

1 Like

Workout has been inconsistent due to family issues. But I hit a 215lb Overhead Press last weekend. Happy to finally press more than my bodyweight.

11 Likes

Stupid Advice part 1……

Don’t tear your quad and groin….it hurts like mad!

8 weeks out from competition and I’m missing 6 of them because I chose to kick a ball with my 11 yr old and my quad and groin though it would be a good idea to rip apart!

It does look nice and colourful tho!

4 Likes

Oh no that’s awful! You were making such excellent progress!

Any idea on what the preconditions are for this to have happened? Doesn’t seem likely kicking the ball would do that to a fit guy like you.

Sorry to hear man.

2 Likes

At least you injured it doing something meaningful, I can’t think of a better way to get hurt than paying with my kids :slightly_smiling_face:. Rest up, you’ll be back before you know it

5 Likes

Honestly I’d pushed myself hard doing some plyometric exercise earlier in the morning but my legs felt good, there was no pain or discomfort just a little muscle fatigue. I honestly think I was trying to hit it too hard and I was trying a different method of my shooting technique to drive more air movement through the ball to make it bend and dip more but it actually tore as I accelerated the straightening of kicking leg down towards and through the ball, it had already gone by the time I hit it - what a shot it was though, I just wish I hadn’t been rolling on the floor in agony to see it fly in.

2 Likes

Absolutely 100% agree. The pain is worth it just to spend some quality time with them!

1 Like

I’m back in the game guys, first kettlebell workout done after hurting my back :muscle:
I did a looong warmup and took a lot of care in staying absolutely stable in the core.
Made it! No pain!
Except tomorrow and Wednesday, I’ll feel the burn for sure hahaha❤️‍🔥
My hands got weak uuuh, have to be careful next time.

10 Likes

So this is 45 :face_with_monocle:. Last year on my 44th birthday i maxed out benching 310 pounds… Today at 45 years old I maxed out at 255 :face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye:. I haven’t trained heavy over the past year really and I feel overall better for it. I always had in my mind that i still wanted a 315 bench at 50 years old so maybe I’ll change my training style in a couple of more years.

21 Likes

So is today your birthday? Happy birthday if so bro. It’s achievable for you man. I met a 56 year old who was benching 405 the other day at the gym. Dude was a beast lol

3 Likes

Happy birthday!!! :confetti_ball::partying_face::confetti_ball::partying_face::confetti_ball::partying_face:

1 Like

Is today your birthday?
The only limits in life are the ones we set.
You can surely be benching 315 by 50 if that is your goal.
Btw…id say that 255 without heavy training os pretty impressive

2 Likes

It sure is, I’ll start dialing in for it around 48ish maybe. Thanks bro.

@Runningfree thank you :blush:

@JazzyS thank you, I always lifted lower rep heavier weight until i hit 44. This past year I’ve just been experimenting with different stuff. My biggest weakness is and always has been the fork :laughing:

4 Likes

Well a very happy birthday to you Dan! Hope you do something to celebrate it.
:sweat_smile: (the fork) slow and steady - youll reach your goals.

happy-birthday-leaonardo-di-caprio

2 Likes

Happy birthday. :muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Dan! As a fellow night shift worker who goes for the numbers and the mental health rather than the physique alone I feel you’re a kindred spirit and I’m grateful you’re here! I say if you overall feel better, that’s a good achievement. And I also say that sticking with it and showing up is what’s most inspiring and most important! Real talk, not bullshitting.

Ice cream today, yes? :ice_cream::balloon::weight_lifting_man:

4 Likes

Oh i had a little too much ice cream on my camping vacation :laughing:! I’m eating stuff I love though :slightly_smiling_face:. Thank you much and I appreciate you!

3 Likes

Happy birthday!! Seeing as I bench like 50 lbs I’m p impressed :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes