Had a slip today

No explanation, just felt I had to come to you guys.
:hugs:

2 Likes

Try to learn from it so you can avoid a new one, glad you are here! :facepunch:

2 Likes

don’t beat yourself up about like I did, it’s not the end but a new beginning. Back Stronger.

3 Likes

I so appreciate you guys. I’ll be back soon.
Sucks being alone at this age!

2 Likes

You’re never quite alone, you know where we are when you need us, this is an unconditional, non judgemental relationship. Aren’t they the best. It’s difficult to get back from a relapse so show us what you got. Make yourself proud again.

3 Likes

Glad you came here. Try and treat yourself with the same care and compassion you would with someone else in your shoes. :hugs:

5 Likes

I am though.

Hugs if you want them

2 Likes

Need and thank you.

1 Like

I am here if you need to just have someone to listen - no advice no fix no etc

1 Like

Thank you sweetie.

1 Like

You are very welcome

1 Like

I like the idea of being as kind to yourself as you would to someone on here. I’m so glad you reached out so we can offer you support. Hope you can move on and learn. Hugs. :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you all for being sweet… I’m not going anywhere; it’s just hard to change habits that have been there everyday.
I was not even thinking of it either!
Oh well, just life…:relieved:

2 Likes

Thank you again for reaching out yesterday. You are one of a few here I feel in tune with…if that makes any sense, lol.
I do need to get around people more. I’ve been alone so long I feel a little nervous sometimes. Although I did notice a huge difference in my confidence when I’m not drinking… I definitely will keep that in mind to move forward. I’m so glad I have this forum to speak honestly w/o judgement.
:hugs::yellow_heart:

Just washed my car! :blush::+1:

3 Likes

just finished work and you have already put a smile on my face. very kind words. I think we are probably like your car, all shiny and well presented on the outside but we’re carrying a lot of shit in the boot. I had a long conversation with a lonely woman at work who drank because she might as well. I said there is a man having the same talk out there somewhere but you won’t find him sitting indoors all day and night. But if you can find the convidence to approach people I think you would be surprised how easy it is to make friends, nothing too weird like sitting at there table in a restaurant. My sister uses Internet dating she has finally realized at her age she ain’t gonna get no Brad Pitt and has waited for someone on a more common ground level, someone that makes her laugh. Could you ever consider Internet dating, find a local club, get a new interest. How’s the drinking going today, its bloody hard sometimes. sorry I won’t keep running on. I do hope your OK though.

2 Likes

I’m doing good today, I am going to take that as a lesson. I am on a dating site! I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet to meet but very close! I also know if I was/am drinking I won’t or wouldn’t go meet them. I am a good and funny person but if I qet or got drunk it’s not the case, lol. Anyway having been sober for 2 weeks really opened my eyes on alot of things; lije what a great catch I am!:sweat_smile: And I like myself sober.
Onward and upward!:point_up_2:

1 Like

So I did have a few beers yesterday. I guess I’m not ready. Not sure what course I should take. I don’t have a desire for 2 weeks straight then one day I can barely get to the store fast enough… Is it my dna that sabotages me? Probably a combination of things.
Anyway I’d like to stay with this group if it’s ok. It really does help me.:blush:

2 Likes

Yes, stay on TS. It doesn’t matter if you wind up drinking every day. you’ve demonstrated that there is a big part of you that wants to stop. Thank you for coming clean.

Never give up, NEVER.

After a reset, its always soooo hard for me to get back on the wagon. Once my addict has his fix, he doesn’t want to let go.

But there is always a learning experience after a relapse. And there’s always something I can do for myself to help prevent me from making that same mistake again.

let’s focus on being sober today. today is all we have. What are you going to do different to be sober today?

As far as the love thing, being lonely. I’ve been there. And what worked for me is that I had to surrender that to God. I had to focus on appreciating what I do have as opposed to feeling sad about what I don’t have.

My life goes a lot better that way.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, but please do stick around!! The process of getting sober isn’t a straight line for some of us. Others are so good at just being done…but for some of us, it takes some time.

One key for me was NEVER STOP TRYING. I really believe that for some of us, the small bits of progress add up and make our sober muscles stronger. It did for me. Focus on being sober today. Keeping your focus on the day at hand makes it more manageable and in reality, today IS the only day you have. Keep reading threads here …lots of very good and helpful info.

:heart:

1 Like