Had enough

Today i feel shocking when do the shivers go, I keep going hot and cold, feel sick and drained. My family are so fed up of all this now noone understands apart from the people in this group.
I think I have just lost my world, I think my partner has left me because of my drinking. I cannot deal with this :weary:

2 Likes

Hey Dash, withdrawals are horrible… how many days clean/sober are you?

7 hours, I dont even know if I have lost my relationship im so down n so fed up

I don’t know where you live but in Australia we have vegimite. It’s our richest source of vitamin B. If you can find something to boost your electrolyte imbalance (berrocca)+vitamin B, it will massively improve your mood and physical symptoms. Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine and energy drinks.
Hang in there mate. Try rest as much as possible
Usually by the 36hr mark you’ll be through the worst of it.

3 Likes

I feel sick i could of lost everything

Try to stay calm and know that we’re all here for the same reasons. We’re here to support you.
I feel for you if that is the case, but you also don’t know how much more you can gain by sticking this out.
Fixing yourself is the first step to making amends for your actions. You need to focus on you right now cos what you’ve been doing hasn’t been working. Being a better version of yourself, they will see that in time, and from there healing can begin to happen.

1 Like

I feel broken :broken_heart: I dont know where to start

You start with today!!
Start with a commitment to yourself that you are better than this.
Start by understanding that the things you’ve been doing have to change if you are to improve your life.
And realise that you are only in control of your own actions and not in control of anyone else’s.
There will be lots of regret, remorse, hurt, loneliness, and should’ve moments. However you will get there if you are able to be completely honest with yourself and others around you.
Find yourself a support group like AA, and talk to your dr about making a plan for sobriety. There is so much help and support out there for all of us who are dealing with the devastating impact of alcohol and substance abuse. This also includes partners, children, family and friends, not just the intoxicated. It’s a great support community with so much to offer.
Don’t give up. You might never know how far you’ll go :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi Dash,
You can do it, keep pushing trough.
If you can’t find the vegimite like @anon2681639 suggested, buy yourself a high dosed vitamin B complex. That will do the same for you.

1 Like

Thank you I will get some i think I have lost everything

Don’t ever be ashamed for reaching out or calling helplines. That’s what we are all here for.

1 Like

Try to focus on getting better and gain your life and lost ones back. Proove them you can do it.
Don’t let your addiction voice tell you you have lost everything so you might as well drink to cope with it.
See this as your rock bottom, this and now.
Don’t let it fall deeper. You can change your live right now by doing what you are already doing.
Staying sober.
I do not know the amounts you where drinking. But if you where drinking very much it may be good to contact a doctor to help you with the withdrawal?

When does it start getting better I really want to feel better. I cannot touch another drop today has been awful n its not over yet x

Hi Dash! Sorry you are going through this. Where are you located? Have you thought of a medical detox? That would be a great start to your sober journey. Alcohol withdrawals are rough, so wanted to throw that idea out there. You can focus on the other things once you get through the withdrawals.