Had to come clean

Friday morning i drank

Big surprise huh ? I fked up again
My sobriety date is 9-11-2021 at midnight
If I fk up i set it to the midnight after the sick and twisted relapses

I got close to some people in sobriety and I told them I fked up and so far no responses.
I honestly don’t blame them

I’m my own worst enemy at the moment but i refuse to be a victim of addiction dead in the ground

I really fked up though
The only person talking to me is my sponcer.
Thank you Jesus for that man

Why I fked up
Around active drinkers

What will I do differently
I will avoid active drinkers no matter what.

I want sobriety. I will surrender to the program and Jesus

Just please guys… Don’t give up on me… :frowning:
I battled mental health for years and beat it
I will obtain my long term sobriety goal

I’m sorry to you all and i accept surrenity

11 Likes

I don’t think anyone is disappointed or let down by you. You’re only accountable to yourself. No one is giving up on you either. Some people get sobriety without a lot of apparent difficulty, while others struggle for years for it. I’m not truly sober myself even. I do well for extended periods of time, then fall off the horse. I’m not quitting either. Keep at it.

5 Likes

Your back here on your feet so theres hope still to make it! Keep on working your program😇

2 Likes

I feel hungover just saying relaps

I’m sick of picking up. My brother reemed me out. He’s in recover and has 8 months. Thats all I’ll say about that. His story is not for me to say

My mental health was so bad for so long I had some type of seizers from the abuse I put on myself

I havnt had a seizer sence my fear and head calmed down years and years ago
Thank God because he took all my fear and turned it to bravery and strength and that’s some sort of merical

Now it’s the addiction. If god can take away all the pain of mental illness, God can do anything

God made a path and I will use my free will to travel that path and the next journey God wants me to take is sobriety and recovery

After all the reminiscing I did today, i know God is with me

3 Likes

If i can live to this point, I can keep going. Thank you for reminding me that life is too fragile and my health is in fact extremely important.

1 Like

Life is a gift we learn not to take it for granted more as the days go by and we get older. Im deal with mental health problems too but try not to let that define me, caused me to do alot of stuff i wish i hadnt but im a work i progress and just try daily to deal with situations as they come, its tough but by the grace of God we learn to manage and cope with all the bad stuff that can happen.

1 Like

The only thing that matters is that you get back up and keep going. As long as you do that, you haven’t failed. Everyone’s recovery experience is different. Keep your resolve strong. If you fall, use that as a tool. Look at why you fell. What were your thoughts and emotions before you took action? Really try to figure them out, then come up with a plan for when these thoughts and emotions crop up again.

Try not to dwell on feelings of negativity toward yourself when you relapse. It happened. No amount of beating yourself up will change that. Just keep going. You’ve got this. You can do this.

1 Like

No need to apologize! I’m glad you came back and still are talking to your sponsor. Hit those meetings and keep checking in. Good deal to avoid drinkers. Try to make sober friends where you live.

1 Like

You are here and you are not giving up! That’s huge! I will talk to you. As a world class relapser of 50 years I completely understand where you are. 7 days ago I had a blackout that last 12 hours. I functioned completely normally but do not remember 1 damn thing. Since that night I haven’t had a drink. 7 days and white knuckling it. Talked to my PCP She put me on Topiromate for cravings and it is helping. I keep thinking maybe this time! Don’t give up!! God has a plan for you and He will never stop loving you or listening. Praying for strength and peace for you friend​:pray::pray::heart:

2 Likes