Had to reset my clock yesterday

I was doing so good, but the cravings got the best of me wednesday. I had a good shift, got off early and decided to treat myself with a couple of pints. Being at home by myself all the time is really wearing on me. My husband travels for work and I get really lonely during the week. I hate myself for giving in to my addiction. I had plans to clean and do laundry yesterday but instead I had to sleep off a hangover and I got absolutely nothing accomplished. I hate that feeling. Back to square 1. Maybe this time I can last more than 9 days :disappointed:

2 Likes

Hey, you made it nine days! Now shoot for more next time!

Find a new way to treat yourself! Find something you like to eat, to do, something else you might want to drink (fancy coffee beverage?), a place you like to go. Do that.

Lonesome and bored are big triggers for me, too. I do a lot of different things to keep myself busy. I’ll go for a long motorcycle ride, walk my dog, play online games, post here on the forums. Anything but my DOC.

3 Likes

Glad you made it back pal! Don’t ever forget that you still own those 9 days sober. You came right back and That is progress. Progress not perfection

2 Likes

The way i look at it is that if you keep doing what you did you’d only be drunk 1/10th of the year!

Thats good going! Last year i was drunk probably 56/59ths of the year. So you are doing good!

@StrengthoftheMind817 shake it off and jump back on the beam. Have you considered going to meetings and finding a group hobby or interest you enjoy? There’s no reason to stay home and be lonely. There’s a life out there for you…and it will help you get to know yourself.