Had to reset yesterday

I had to reset yesterday. Went on a 2 day bender. I felt terrible yesterday but worked through it. Feel a little better today. I need to figure out what it is in me that keeps me going down that road.

2 Likes

Just start over, itā€™s never too late. You have my full support :slight_smile:

A long walk with no technology may help you come to that realisation my friend. It worked for me

3 Likes

Have you found a group meeting?

The power of those rooms is amazing!

Iā€™m sorry to hear that, but Iā€™m glad that youā€™re back here and going for it again.
Donā€™t be too hard on yourself, relapsing is something that weā€™ve all (I imagine) doneā€¦ I know that I certainly have !!
Having this app and checking in here quite regularly has been a big help, however, and I would recommend it.
Also, depending on your personal preferences for sobriety, you might want to look into a book that Iā€™ve been talking about on this site, the ā€œstop drinkingā€ (or other additions) book by a guy named Alan Carr. It certainly wasnā€™t expensive, and I found it to be very helpful. Just a thought.
In any eventā€¦ welcome back, and just keep aiming upward !

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™ve been looking into getting a book or two. There are so many out there Iā€™m not even sure where to begin.

I like Alan Carrā€¦ I bought it on Amazon and it was only around 5 or 6 euros (maybe US 6 ?), so no huge investment or anything.
The central concept of the book is that going without alcohol isnā€™t DEPRIVING yourself, itā€™s FREEING yourself.
Look around, there are lots of resourcesā€¦ including all of us.

1 Like

Stay strong and carry on.

Just reset and reivaluate the type of people you invite in your life.

I would guess they had something to do with the relapse too.

1 Like

People, places & things! I had 42 days without alcohol, using another subsatnce in the interimā€¦so I guess I am never truly sober. Which is sobering. Ugh. Back @ it again myself todayā€¦for the umpteenth time. Iā€™m getting older & more exhausted from this & kinda in fuck it mode again. Please prayšŸ˜‡

It is very hard. Iā€™m not young my self and getting older every day we just need to hang in there. Will be praying for you.

1 Like

@staytech why thank you, you just lifted me upšŸ˜€ God bless & good day

Iā€™m sorry and Iā€™ve been there. Make it a point to do something different this time. Weā€™re all here to support you.

1 Like

All I can say is that on the other side of this ugly deflated living is a happy life where you walk with a smiling heart.

You wake up in the morning and it is saying nice things to you and tells you what a great day it will be today.

Just takes walking through and feeling the feelings.

Getting through the cravings and you will slowly build confidence that this new lifestyle may actually stick!

Keep trying never give up!

We are all here to help.