Had to restart…

Well I had made it to day 8… It wasn’t even the fact that I had the urge to smoke because I didn’t. I had been feeling sick from bad food I ate for 3 days and I knew if I smoked that nauseous feeling would subside, and that’s why I did it. I’m disappointed that’s what I resorted to. Now starting over…

3 Likes

Are you sure you don’t lie to yourself and it wasn’t the urge ? In my case the urge remained for years, like a fight, sometimes an allday fight. It was my main reason for quitting too. I don’t want to depend on any substance.
I’ve made peace with weed, don’t even know how.
I’m not judging, just asking
Anyway, hang on, be strong, if you really want it you’ll make it !

2 Likes

To be honest it may have been a combo of both. I’m going to get myself on track though.

1 Like

As an active alcoholic, I could find any reason to drink. Happy = drink, Sad = drink, Wednesday = drink.

When I got sober, I had to relearn how to live. I can still find excuses to drink, however, I choose not to.

7 Likes

Yes I am starting to realize it definitely was an excuse to smoke. :pensive:

4 Likes

That just makes you like the rest of all of us here! You are in good company.

The good news, you realize it. You can use that knowledge for the future.

4 Likes

Thanks. That is exactly why I felt comfortable sharing here. I was hesitant at first because I was sharing my 7 day achievement just to relapse. I love this space. To be free and honest without judgement. Thank you all :hugs:

4 Likes

You’re still here and you’re still trying :hugs:

3 Likes

I found that Allen Carr’s book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, was an excellent resource.
Have you read it?

1 Like

I have not. I will definitely check it out

1 Like

Hugs. That is a tough one to accept but it really is a crucial step.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

1 Like