😞 had to start over on self harm

I relapsed last night… and that is okay. I have forgiven myself and today is a new day tp start over

6 Likes

I’m glad ur back on track with this :slight_smile: can I ask what happened that lead to the self harm? I often used to try and figure out what happened that lead me to relapse so that it could be prevented next time. U seem like a pretty self aware person tho :slight_smile: and if u don’t want to talk about it, I understand :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today is an excellent day to take care of yourself above anything else. I wish you peace!

2 Likes

I talked to my sponsor at CR last night. She’s not a self harmer like me, so i think i would like to fond a sponsor who has gone through what im going through… (if that makes sense) but she told me my four months hasn’t been for nothing and just because I relapsed doesnt mean my progress is lost.

1 Like

Welcome back! You got this!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the relapse Aura :confused:

Self harm is hard; it’s such a personal thing; it’s your body and it’s always there. The body is a powerful resource and can be a strong and safe place, with attention and time - but it takes some work to get there.

There’s lots of good threads and tips about recovering from self harm here; this thread in particular has some helpful advice:

Take care and don’t give up. One day at a time :innocent:

2 Likes