Happened to me

Had over 100 days. Back to square one. Starting over, just happy to have another chance.

19 Likes

Sorry but happy and glad you are back and restarting. I know you got to restart you counter. But that 100 days did not go to waste. You actually now know you can do this.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks much appreciated.

That sucks. Be kind to yourself, and get back on that horse!

2 Likes

This didnt just happen to me I wasnt vigilant.

Oh man, I’m sorry to read this. Was it a brief slip?
I’m glad you’re still here.

It was like 3 days of constant drinking. Its all a blur after the start. I went rogue and avoided everyone. Didnt even try to drink like a normal person. I made the sponsor call and told everyone who needed to know. Going to continue to fight. I dont see my life as a drunk being a very happy one.

7 Likes

Good luck dude.

2 Likes

Thank you and welcome!

I’m sorry to hear this but I’m so so glad you’re back with us. Be kind to yourself and take it steady. You can do this, I just know it. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you. Here to help and be helped.

1 Like

We got ya! Let’s keep on keeping on together. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Good job on picking up that phone man.

We have both heard countless stories of folk that didn’t pick up that phone. They couldn’t or wouldn’t. And they stayed out there.

So seriously dude, I am glad you’re back!

1 Like

Bummer to hear this bud, you’ve made some solid changes and it reflects in your posts that I’ve seen so get back too it.

Ah man that sucks, I’m sorry. It happens to the best of us though and the important thing is you’re back on track. Plus, you know you can do another 100 days because you’ve already proven to yourself you can do it before like @Dazercat said :+1:

1 Like

my late sponsor used to say phone before the drink , glad your back wish you well

1 Like

Sorry to hear you had a stumble but that’s all it is a stumble, I’ve seen you in and around the forum for quite some time, how you getting on.

1 Like

Forget the failures remember the lessons.

3 Likes

Thanks. Its a great took for me due to my work schedule.

Its hard to say really. If you would have told me a few years ago I would drink 3 days in 100 I would never have believed you, but that threshold changed for me due to AA mostly and thats no longer good enough. Im doing ok. The relapse was shit, but Im further along than I can remember after 100 something days.

Todays tough. Yesterday was too, but I have the motivation to keep at this, I just dont want to keep relapsing. Im trying to do everything suggested, but Im still refining myself I suppose. Ill be here a whole.lot longer I hope.

2 Likes

Hi Luke; I think you’re still doing good. It took me more than a few times too but once it sank in, it stuck. Not to say it’s not talking to me once in a while, but I know how much I like it like this. And I like what you said about 3 days out of 100. That’s something to still be proud of!

2 Likes