Happy to "Here I Go Again..."

I can’t (can) believe how much drinking has spiraled out of control AGAIN. Between the generalized anxiety and PTSD thinking about long term sobriety has been a dud. I’ll take the good advice that sobriety is a JOURNEY not an event. So friends I am back moment by moment.

12 Likes

Hey there, glad to have you back. Drinking always has a way of spiraling doesn’t it? For me everything got wildly simple when I decided to take it out of the equation. What plan do you have in place to make it stick this time?

4 Likes

i can relate

today was a happy 4th for me. it was truly a test being my 1st day bacj at it.

a bit of my expariance drinking is, its not only bad to be abnocshicly drunk in frunt of loved ones but it can also be dangourus. lets just say the world will take advantage of you if you let it.

listen, the other night was full of dangourus people places and things for myself all for alcohol. i wanted to party and man, i got it. the next morning i woke up instantly depressed over my actions from the night before

the shame isnt the fact today is day 1, its what i do to get drunk and high and also how i act under the influence.

i dont need to feel that way again.

day 1 for me :),no shame in that

1 Like

Welcome back. :blue_heart:

1 Like

At this point I’m really raw and doing the minute by minute. I have a some goals and some positive strategies to keep my head up. I waslk daily. I do 30 mins of self care daily. Until I put a few days behind me it’s just min by min. Tyty for Chey I. W me.

So glad you made your way back that’s all that matters, it’s definitely a journey and not a destination :100: it took me awhile to figure that one out but once I did the stress I held on my shoulders was taken away . keeping on a moving​:eagle::eagle:

2 Likes

Welcome back!!

Definitely a journey where any moment can be important! Welcome back, and hope you stick around and work towards where you want to be!

Ty for that! Over the next week as I start to feel better (slowly - )post accute withdrawal syndrome being real, I am want to explore my values. That will be helpful in guiding me where I want to be.

Tyty

2 Likes

You got this!

At peace…