Happy Veterans Day and Rememberence Day

Thank you :heart:️ I know there are many Veterans here just wanted to say thank you!

12 Likes

Great thread. Here’s some photos of my grandpa Gaston Achilles Carbonneau (Pebbles) who trained pilots. He had the nickname Peb until the very end- they called him Pebbles because he was so tiny. He was also a recovered alcoholic- sober for over 30 years when he passed at the age of 86.

9 Likes

Love!!! That’s so awesome I’m so happy you have these photos too :heart:

1 Like

To all who have served, Thank You.

2 Likes

Remerance day UK

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: myself! So sorry I’ll edit my title! Do you call it rememberence Day or Armstice Day or both? My error thank you!

Both :slight_smile:, it’s so hard to know who celebrates this day and what it’s called in other countries. Historically UK and USA have fought many wars together as allies

1 Like

That part I did know lol! But like a typical American you probably know much more about our history - and for me all history -than I do :joy:

1 Like

:joy: Not all history but I do like to swat up when I can, I could tell you a whole heap about ancient Egypt, that’s definitely my thing :wink:

2 Likes

No matter how often I watch this, it brings tears.

2 minutes of silence at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month.

Thank you to all that have served, or who have family members that have served. I am grateful for you. :pray::heart::pray: