Hard time now

Thank you for any advice.
Bless you.

2 Likes

I believe there are smart recovery meetings available online. Do you not fancy trying an in person na meetings, I guarantee your will love it and not regret going. I’m nearly 79 days clean of crack, heroin, Xanax, diazepam,lorazepam,nitrazeoam, Dan all the pams basically. That is largely in part to do with this app and na. You can do it. I found the cravingsi for benzos went after three months :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Maybe reorganize your schedule and prioritize your recovery. All the things that take up your time now you will lose if you continue to use.

4 Likes

They’re absolutely nothing to be ashamed about but I do understand why you may feel that. You would benefit exponentially if you could make time for them.
When I started this time around I told myself I would get back to NA if I either had a slip or very nearly did and one day I was literally knocked well it of my comfort zone by unexplainable cravings that would not go away so I hit up the soonest meeting and have not regretted it. Maybe keep it in mind :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe download some of these apps. One has the complete AA big book on it, the others have speaker tapes of you have a listen your will see that there’s no need to be ashamed of any of your actions or your addiction at a meeting :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know what country you are in but recovery meetings tend to be at all times of the day especially in the US so you shouldn’t struggle to find one that fits your schedule. Even if your not sure whether to go or not there are also apps for AA and NA that will bring up all the meetings in your area. It might be worth having it and knowing just incase you do get any intense cravings. Definitely listen to some speaker tapes though, I have a listen whenever I have a spare half hour,they are a valuable commodity, I found the benzos harder to leave than the heroin though I stopped those first, the fight is real so if you need any help with anything don’t be afraid to reach out :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Man…I did xanax daily for almost 25 years…all I can say is the xanax were tougher for me than the opiates to give up…I felt like I had an electric fence tied around my balls for 6 months…after about 10 months I started feeling better …

There’s no telling how many thousands of them damn things I took…if I can stop them you can to…

4 Likes

Mate I still can’t stand seeing a picture of a Xanax bar, triggers me like crazy :slightly_smiling_face:

i was addicted to Ativan i used instead of booze when i decide to stop i went on the booze again a month after stopping them a stopped booze went to AA and never looked back wish you well

3 Likes

I’ve been taking multi vitamins. As for your diet it depends on what yours is like currently. I’ve started trying to actively cut out none natural sugars but early on I wouldn’t worry about that, I arrived my face early on and an only starting to tackle that now. I did need to put on a good amount of weight as was pretty malnourished from the class A,s.
If your start suffering from any anxiety or sleeplessness toy can get valerian root which helps with both, it’s a derivative from valerian which valium/diazepam comes from but it’s over the counter, from health food shops and you shouldn’t encounter any problems from taking it if and when necessary as it’s nowhere near the strength or chemical makeup of valium, it comes as a tea aswell :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Benzo detox can be fatal. It’s best to detox under medical supervision.

3 Likes

I bet @Meggers may have some valuable input in this area

2 Likes

So, my question is, how are they calling you? Is it the not giving a shit? Or is it anxiety? Or something else?

I was put on a few different meds to help with my anxiety disorders, one of the best is propranolol. It’s a blood pressure medication that is often prescribed kinda off label for anxiety. Such a safe medication and makes a world of difference for me. I take such a low dose that I have to cut it down into quarters, which also makes it cheap. Another one that I only take when I’m anxious when trying to fall asleep is Vistaril. It’s an antihistamine that, shockingly, doesn’t give me wicked dreams and night terrors. I’ve been on a few that I no longer take for various reasons.

1 Like

Keep at it @Danna17. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are you in the US? Or another country? Not that there’s a lot out there for this particular addiction, but the help is increasing.

1 Like

I understand the feeling of the pull benzos have over some of us, I still crave them coming on four months after I last used them even though my tolerance got so high that I would have to use heroin with them just so I could feel them. It is the only type of drug that I still crave so I am sympathetic to your plight :grinning::slightly_smiling_face::grinning:

1 Like

Shit, I still feel it with over 2 years clean. I have all the anxiety and I know what the quick fix is. The quick fix is not an option. So, the pull can fuck off.

3 Likes

Thankfully I don’t suffer from anxiety very often. I admire you for not trying to alleviate it with something that you know so do you harm.
Haha somebody thought that I was talking to them last week when out loud I told my craving addict brain to fuck right off :joy::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This place is all about supporting eachother, of your ever need to then feel free to reach out either by tagging me or you can message. I’m always happy to chat with a fellow addict/someone struggling with addiction.
Whereabouts in Europe are you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have learned to say it in my head. My cats were looking at me weird in my first 6 months so I stopped saying it out loud. :rofl:

2 Likes