Hard time staying sober

Hi… i
Now its been 2 months and half that im cigarette sober…
It was all kinda fine at first but then these last 2 weeks the withdrawal and temptations wete really hard on me…
Idk what to do… ive used nicotine gums but its not like smoking… it doesn’t feel right…
I just need that nice exhale and inhale of smoke… i just miss lighting it up and look like a cool person and make others like me more and dont seem like a piece of shit…
Tell me an advice besides therapy cuz im already doing it.
Thanks

4 Likes

Check this out! https://amzn.eu/d/1kC7GpW Hi, apparently this book is really good i have heard a lot of positive comments from people who have used this book to quit. I hope this is helpful and good luck.

2 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful community.

There is a thread for nicotine Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)

But there are many other which you can find by using the magnifying :mag: glass on the top right panel where you can search for things you are interested in.

And huge congratulations on your 2.5 months of breathing :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

First of all smoking isn’t cool. When I see people smoking I feel sorry for them. With each puff they are hurting themselves. It’s very much a fact. Good for you for not smoking. I know people who have cut straws in thirds and smoked the straw so to speak. Even sticking cotton in the end of it sometimes. So these are just ways to keep your junkie dragon from dragging you around by the neck.
Each time you take a puff it sets your body up to want the next puff because it puts you into withdrawals for the next puff.
Welcome to the community. There is a thread here called grumpy smokers I will try to find it for you.

1 Like

@anon74766472 posted the link in her comment above mine. Check it out!

1 Like

Hi, thank u so much for replying imma think about that

Hi, thank u for commenting. I’ll definitely read that book

1 Like

Thank u so much and ur last sentence hit hard lol

1 Like