Hard times reflection

It’s been a hard couple first few weeks of no drinking. It’s been 23 days and haven’t had a sip of alcohol. I thought Thanksgiving was hard. What seemed to be harder was turning down a concert because it was a VIP pass and 2 drink minimum…

well I was invited and didn’t think about that until my colleague mentioned that it’s a 2 drink minimum (alcohol) and she offered me to still go if I wanted but then she told me she understands if I wanted to stay being clean…. Well I said no. That I want to be clean, so had to back out of Jake Owen concert. It sucked saying I can’t go because I’d have to drink again… I feel good standing up for myself for my own health though. It was hard not going but instead, relaxed the weekend away with binging my favorite shows and reading books after running a 5k yesterday morning. Sometimes a distraction is all I need.

15 Likes

What a great end to that story! You really came out of that situation as the winner, concert or not.

People in active* addiction who have no intent to stop dont understand the struggle of trying to stop. Theyre not where youre at yet.

Im SO glad you stood up for yourself.

And a 5k!? Thats something to be proud of. Not everyone can do that.

3 Likes

Thank you !!! And yes I felt so powerful during the race. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Passing up things you really want to do out of fear for doing things you don’t want to do is hard, I’ve been there myself.

Good on you! This is a perfect example of “you don’t have to go”.

3 Likes

It’s hard but in the end, feel powerful.

1 Like

You said 5k like it was no big deal lol buy congratulations honey thats great. .and i m proud of you for choosing your recovery over the concert… shows how committed you are to staying clean …

2 Likes

Congrats on making the decision to not go. We’ve all been there in early sobriety and it sucks but you’ll have many more opportunities in the future when you’re stronger in your sobriety.

2 Likes

Yaaaaaaaaas best decision ever! Slay, Queen!

1 Like