Hardest hours are between 6pm - 10pm

I’m trying to stop cold turkey and altogether. My struggle times seem to be in the evening between 6pm - 10pm… Does anyone have any advice on how I can more easily & effectively make it through those times? I can’t really go out to seek support cause I have a small child. Plus when I drink it’s normally at home alone in those hours which is part of my problem… :pensive:

1 Like

Hey :wave:

Those times were the worst for me as well

InTheRooms.com have online meetings most evenings at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm UK time. I’ll be doing the 7pm meeting tomorrow night as I cannot make a meeting as I’ve got young kids.

Where are you from?

5 Likes

Hey! I’m in the exact same situation, after a stressful day at paid work, then home for what’s essentially more work, drinking while cooking and cleaning gave me that extra sense of “see everyone, i CAN do it all”…
So to help me… I’ve changed my routine - clean in the morning before work and cook (plus dishes) in the evening

That way I have dedicated time for my son and when he’s asleep, do jigsaw puzzles, read and have a long bath to unwind (self care and mentally unwinding is a huge part of my journey since my job takes up so much of my mental brainpower that Ineed to learn jow to switch off without my doc)

Is there anything you want to learn? Try udemy for free online home courses (HUGE variety) Or declutter? Books help? Something to just keep moving forward
X

5 Likes

I’m in south carolina, in the states. But something online seems like a good route at this point

They’ll be plenty of meetings for you then. Why don’t you register now? Have you got a webcam and laptop? It works on mobile too if not

I don’t have a computer. Only a cell phone.

But I think the time gap might be to great for that site to work. United Kingdom is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time

It’s an American site. They’ll be meeting for you between 6-10pm. Probably more :grinning:

1 Like

Oh perfect. I’ll check it out. Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Maybe a face to face meeting might help , wish you well meetings are usualy between 7 and 10 .