Have the strong urge today

Hi All. I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off work. Today is when I usually drink. Am on Day 6. Any advice to help my cravings? I just went for a 3 mile walk in the rain to burn off energy. Walked past the liquor store too. I plan on staying busy doing things i have not done yet. Thanks for listening.

10 Likes

Whatever you did yesterday to stay sober, do it today.

5 Likes

One minute at a time man! You got this!

3 Likes

Hi staying busy is great but please remember not to burn yourself out as our body’s recover especially early days they will become tired very quickly remember halt hungry, angry,lonely,tired, are these needs taken care of

3 Likes

eat, sleep, repeat. Maybe it’s just me. Congrats on your sober days.

4 Likes

Well done on 6 days that’s brilliant. Remember today is the only day we need to soba . Just one day at a time x

2 Likes

congrats on 6 days! :heart:

i have a few ideas. make a list of reasons you want to stay sober: partner, health, kids, job, hobbies, etc. then write a list of how you feel the next day after drinking or drugging - hangover, anxiety, depressions, partner hates you, etc. then go to a virtual meeting, or drop into one thats already on. stop at a market and get yourself a pack of flavored seltzer waters. you’ve got to keep yourself busy in the early days. :balloon:

4 Likes

I read a book… haven’t read a book since high school! It was amazing. The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober. Worth a read if your into that.

3 Likes