Having a bad day today and its been a bad day

Well it’s been a hard few weeks for sure, in 3 days il have 30 days clean. Lately I have been feeling like there is something going on with my boyfriend, I had to go through his phone because I’ve been curios to see if he has been talking to a girl that in the past created alot of issues between him and I, so I found on Facebook that he has been looking her up for whatever reason and tonight his Facebook messenger has been going off and I asked who he was talking to and he said no one buy I know that’s a lie because everytime im around him he closes it and locks his phone real quick and its making me think he is up to something because usually he will tell me who he is talking to but not tonight. I don’t know what to do about this situation and I don’t know how to say anything either because he will get mad that I went threw his phone because he has in the past. I just have a bad feeling in my stomach, unless its my hormones because I did just give birth 4 weeks ago. It’s making me want to use today because of how im thinking which im not going to.

5 Likes

Hey I’m sorry you’re going through this. There is nothing worse then feeling unimportant to someone you love… I went through the same with my ex who I too always felt like she was cheating, being sneaky. Anytime I went through her phone I’d always see messages to other guys and then get called crazy, controlling and a piece of shit… so this is my advice but alot of times if ppl seem sneeky and you have a bad feeling alot of times your gut is right. But most importantly if you can’t trust him, why bother? I know you love him, but if it’s going to cause you pain and anxiety to always feel worthless I wouldn’t stay… you need to focus on you and your sobriety, and happiness and if he isn’t contributing to your happiness and is giving negative energy, do what feels best for you so you can keep your sobriety safe. Congrats on 27 days, the first 30 on the hardest keep pushing girl

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through that, Kayla. And you just gave birth; your hormones aren’t even adjusted to doing that yet, so shame on him if he’s making you feel like it’s on you. I like what Michael said; if you have a gut feeling it’s usually right. It’s easy for him to shake it off, but I’d ask that he meet you halfway with this issue. For me, I’d bite the bullet and tell him I looked because I’m all over the place, and I just gave birth so yeah, I’m a little insecure right now. If he’s got nothing going on he should be able to prove it.
This is a sore spot with me, you just be safe and take care of yourself and the baby… Drinking is NOT an option Kayla; you are a strong, smart lady and you can handle this.
We’re here to support you too. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Fantastic advise , I always said if the trust is gone you can either do couples therapy to try to fix it or just move , need to focus on your sobreity.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for responding to what I said and thank you for the advice. He is my daughters father and he and I have been together for over 4 years now and the girl that we had the issue with was when we got together, they never did anything when we were together and its hard because everyone I’ve been in a relationship with everyone hurts me and cheats on le for whatever reason they had so it’s definitely hard.

4 Likes