Having a difficult time commiting

Is anyone else here getting discouraged because they have to keep resetting their clocks? If you’ve been there before, how did you deal with it/get yourself out of this rut?

4 Likes

I joined this app in December last year. I’m only 3 days sober :confused: if that makes you feel better at all! These people are the best support system. Keeping up with them is the only way to keep it up long term

3 Likes

I am still having hiccups but posting on here really helps. Everyone only has your best interest in mind and it really does make a difference.

Keep checking in day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if you have to. Don’t focus on the future, stay present and positive Focus on the here and now.

4 Likes

mate I’m on day 3 too it’s hard as fuck but we got this can’t let it win .:facepunch:

2 Likes

journalling is probably one of the best tools I use-
reflecting on each time I lapse… what was going on for me mind, body and soul, where and who I was with etc etc and then how I can spot that trigger before I’m actually triggered and how I can deal with that in the future. Also works to talk to somebody or post here. Each time I’ve lapsed and not reflected on it I have basically drank or drugged on it instead sooner or later. There’s definitely wisdom in there if you can be honest with yourself and give it some genuine attention. Over time you can see patterns developing and get better at preventing a lapse before you even think of drinking or using.
One more thing, don’t get too disheartened by the numbers and resetting. Statistically, you are still sober or clean for more days than not and that’s a helluva improvement. The days will come but it’s the stuff going on now and what you’re learning about yourself and your addiction that is the most valuable!

3 Likes

Ive takin it a step further and kept downloading and uninstalling it. It felt easier than having to look at the counter reset. But I downloaded it again, obviously, and its been 2 days. Ive just been reading everybody elses posts for the past few days and thats helped a lot. Dont beat yourself up. We are all trying our best. I think about what I can’t accomplish when in the grips. “If I drink I won’t be able to get that done and I have to.”

2 Likes

You guys don’t give up! Each morning that you wake up sober you’ll feel stronger. For me I still can’t say I’ll NEVER have another drink because that puts to much pressure on me. I just think to myself that for today I’m not going to drink. Keep checking in. The support here is the only thing that’s kept me sober

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve been discouraged. I got a full month, and then relapsed a half-dozen times within days. I’m less than 24 hours from two weeks right now, not sure I’m gonna make it through the day. I just keep telling myself that the more I keep trying, the longer I’m likely to go, and the more I learn.

1 Like

Keep at it…I firmly believe that if you continue to learn and try you will eventually get to a place where your quit sticks. It has literally taken me years of trying, but I am at 7 months and 1 day today. I have been working hard to get here for years with too many relapses to count and too much focusing on my failures. Learn from your setbacks and always always remember each day is a new day and a new beginning. I have been drinking for 40+ years…never give up.

3 Likes

reset after reset discouraged me heavily. i was so sad that i lost myself but then there was an inner voice telling me, that the only way having a good, healthy and happy life is the sober way. i’m like a mosquito, always coming back :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

I wrote a message to “my future self” on this app. When I feel tempted I read it. Look it up, it may help a little.

Good luck!

PAWS44