Having a hard time all the time

Hello.
My names Darby and I’m currently struggling with addiction and mental health issues. Not here to divulge my whole life story. But shit keeps changing in my life and it gets very very hard to cope with it all. I’ve gone down such a deep dark depressing hole and I feel I have no support. I’m addicted to percocet, cocaine, marijuana, and sex. All forms of “temporary bandaids” to try and self cure my mental health. None of it’s working. It’s all destroying me. I dont even know who I am anymore. I am trying with this app to remind myself not to continue to fuck up my life.

Searching for love and help please.

7 Likes

You have come to the right place. They have a wonderful community here with people that can give you suggestions on support groups, etc to help you through the addictions. Also, with my experience, everyone I have talked to have been very supportive emotionally and have helped me stay on the right track when things get rough.

It’s hard to start but once a treatment plan is put into place, things will get easier. Stay positive. It may seem overwhelming, but take small steps toward a better you.

2 Likes

Hi Darby,
What a wise and brave move you’ve made to join this community and reach out! Go you! This is your first step in actually helping aiding your addiction and mental health issues, well done for making it. This step in itself shows you have the ability, and loving kindness for yourself, to take action to help and love yourself! You deserve better than the suffering you’re experiencing. . drugs and the sex are not helping you to cure anything, but are in fact more likely to be fuels to the fire, sending you even deeper down that dark depressing hole. Today is a new day, and one that you can choose to do things differently :blush::pray: Read A LOT on this forum, spend much time reading and learning, gaining the wisdom and knowledge you need to keep moving forward towards love, healing and happiness. There is SO much amazing support found here. Read, read, read is my advice. And also, have you thought about joining a recovery program? Such as NA, AA, SMART, Dharma Recovery, CR or any other really… working a program is a sure fire way to freedom and success :raised_hands::blush: I wish you well on this journey. Remember your WHY (write it down) and keep moving forward; you MATTER! I know that because you are here x

2 Likes

5 Likes

Welcome and I’m glad you found us all here.

This group has been an amazing part of my recovery. Read read read read! There is so much here from insight, knowledge and escape from reality too.

Also teachout of you need a little extra love and support.

2 Likes

This is beautiful Fran, and so apt to so many of us I’d say. It’s been a long journey of discovery to realise where the problem lies… in the lack of love and compassion I offer myself. Self-awareness and loving kindness are so important :blush::heart: I hope others resonate with this too x

2 Likes

how you feeling today.