Having a hard time at the moment

I’m having a tough time to stay sober today. I’m trying to not think about it.

1 Like

Is there a sobriety related activity you can do? A meeting? Sober friends? Exercise?

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Weekends can be hard for me too. Used to be my favorite time ha ha ha…I think we all know why. Try to figure out a way to pass the time – see a movie, binge watch a show, go to a meeting. Just take it an hour at a time, in my opinion. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Find something to occupy you.Drinking is not a option so find something to do.go for a walk/run,watch a movie,go out to eat,watch a movie,call some friends that will help occupy your time.Give it time it will pass

1 Like

Think about why you’re sober, and what that drink will do you. Don’t run from the thought, turn it to your advantage. Play the tape.

What’s the worst thing that has ever happened to you because you were drunk? (Don’t have to answer). Now play the tape with logical steps all the way to that conclusion, starting with the first drink and the ahhh, that’s not so bad, to the 4th drink, and so on until you reach the abysmal result.

3 Likes

I typically only have specific thoughts of drinking when I’m at an AA meeting, and those thoughts come in the context of sobriety. Denying how I felt or was thinking never worked for me, but actively working my sobriety, even doing a distracting activity has been working well for me. Blessings on your house :pray:.

4 Likes

Thank you all so much. I binged wacth Stranger Things on Netflix. until I realized I wasn’t thinking about drinking.

5 Likes

Love Stranger Things!!

2 Likes

Coming here and reading about other people’s success stories helped me so much. I also started exercising slowly. It’s a super hard battle to fight and with time it does get easier. In two weeks it’ll be two years that I quit and it’s all because someone introduced me to the sobertime app and this group. You can do it! :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Has anyone listened to the podcast from the website smart recovery? There really helpful I just found them myself. :open_mouth::tada::tada::mag_right::mag_right::old_key::old_key:

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

Five years, six months, eleven days and just got off vacay w the family. Myrtle Beach so lots of drinking everywhere.
The struggle never goes away, you just learn that you can persevere.

1. If you don’t start, you won’t start.
  2. You never need a drink, you just want one…right up until you take the first one.
  3. Then “One is one too many and one more is never enough”, if I may quote Matraca Berg.
    Best,
    Chandler
6 Likes

Very cool. It is filmed all around here. We took my daughter to the restaurant that was In the first episode. She was 11 or so. Didn’t tell her. Just started pulling up pix on the phone and showing her. “Oh I loved this part of Stranger Things.”
She finally figured it out and she went berserk. I had to take her pic doing all the things Eleven did, making her concentration face. She wanted to put ketchup on her face like she was bleeding (I drew the line there.)
Best,
Chandler

2 Likes

I am now dedicating today to start and probably get half way through all three seasons of stranger things :+1::grin:

1 Like

say a prayer when your feeling the temptations arise that helps me when Im struggling feeling the need to use when nothing else seemed to ever work stay strong think positive.

2 Likes