Having a rough day 4

Im on day 4 was feeling really good got my son to school went to the gym, called my dr about my depression meds and get that fixed. Then i get a phone call from my sons school. 1st back story on my son. He was born with Di George syndrome which is a deletion of the 22nd chromosome. He has had 8 surgeries and is 6 years old. Very healthy now and doing good. The last year we have been having major behavioral issues and he goes to 2 diffrent drs for help for him. And its just getting worse and i dont know what to do anymore. Back to the phone call the teacher called and told me he pushed and choked another student. Im just so at a lost which just makes me want to drink but i know i cant i have to be strong for me and him. Off to call more Drs and see what to do next. Ughhh

11 Likes

Do u know any other parents of children born with Di George syndrome?

1 Like

Hang in there momma.

2 Likes

On day 4 myself and I’m having a rough one too. I hope tomorrow is a better day for both of us. I just feel on edge and overly aggressive, like my muscles are all tight and my fists are clenched for no reason… let’s just try not to feel overwhelmed and take a moment to calm our minds together. Breath in and out.

4 Likes

I do we have a mom group once a month.

1 Like

I made it. I hope you did as well.

7 Likes

Hi Samantha…I feel your pain…I have 2 sons who are autistic… everyday is very tough for me, my wife and the kids too…I guess I used to use these issues to allow myself to drink…all I can say from my perspective was that drinking just made things worse…I am better equipped to deal with these flash points sober…I have had numerous calls from school plus exclusions too…there is help out there but can be difficult to find sometimes… often kids are not just naughty and there is a reason behind it…e.g. autism in my case… also teachers often do not find out what lead to the incident…was he pushed, tormented prior? Don’t always take things on face value…and speak to your Dr to see if there is any help out there… good luck and hang in there :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you we have a call into 4 of his 35 doctors to find a new plan because this Adhd med is not working. But with his heart problem we dont want to put him on a stimulant. He never had the aggression before the meds so we need to find another way. Once he is up set it blows up and he cant control him self mentally and its so sad. This is why I need to have a clear mind. Drinking a bottle of wine almost every night is not going to help the situation at all.

2 Likes

Might wanna ask about Depakote and Abilify, off label uses

1 Like

Made it another day. It was rough and i seriously drove by a bvemo at least 6 times today. Rough and busy day at work. But i made it and im proud. Now off to bed in a hour. Day was successful for my health.

7 Likes

Well done. I’m on day 4 too and have a child with ASD. It’s tough. Good for you.

1 Like

Congratulations! Hope you baby is doing well. My son has TOF and had a few other issues wrong with his heart. He had a full repair at 3 months old. Now he is 6.

Hope your doing well.

Thanks so much, I think the hardest part has past me but we’ll see as time goes on. Almost at the one week mark!

2 Likes

Yep my anxiety has me today but ill get past it.

1 Like

Finally at the gym better then drinking.

5 Likes

After the gym Im like what.

5 Likes

I have officially made it a week. I am proud of my self. Just woke up do have a headache still but. I am curled up with my son snuggling and not hung over. Feels amazing. Im so greatful for this app. And all you amazing people.

8 Likes

Way to go on your sobriety and hitting the gym.
You’re awesome

1 Like

Double digits! Feeling really good, I’ve been hitting the gym too and feeling way better. The first week was so rough but I think it’s getting easier as I go. I hope you’re going strong still!

1 Like