Having a rough time this week

The weather has been shit. My motivation has been lacking. Self worth is in question. Struggling with my spirituality and handing the reigns over to my higher power. Trying to find balance in the chaos in my head. 11 months and 25 days today. I always here that it will get better. I believe that. It’s not easier but it is better. I’m struggling with remaining in the now. My focus has blured a bit. I feel the bondage of self weighing me down HARD this week. Learning how to build a routine as a stay at home dad, so my wife can focus on her career, has been hard after a lifetime of labor. Idle hands and all that shit. I can be hazardously indecisive to a point that I accomplish nothing. Time management is a demon I battle with daily.

But I’m not getting fucking wasted to cope.

I’m sober TODAY, this week has been one day, one hour, one minute even one second at a time.

I AM SOBER. And that is always better than the alternative.

12 Likes

Welcome and good job being sober today. That’s all that matters, just have to stay sober every day.

1 Like

One day at a time. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I do a men’s 8 dimensions of wellness meeting Mondays, an AA meeting Tuesday, meet my sponser and study the Big Book on Wednesday, meet with a sober life coach Thursday and do another AA meeting on Friday. I also sculpt and paint. As well as ride and spend time with a sober MC (motorcycle club). So I have plenty of support and fellowship to help me along. Weeks like this are mos def getting fewer and farther apart these days. My sponser suggested I try writing down how I feel when I get into these funks so I thought I might give it a go here and in the process get some outside encouragement and feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. :grin: Getting it written down and out of me definitely helped turn my day around.

1 Like

Good job just staying sober today. I’ve been struggling the last few days too. We are all here for support. I hope things get a bit easier tomorrow

1 Like