Having trouble with craving thoughts plans

So I’m currently in a treatment program that’s a year long and my main issue has been opiates more specifically heroin over recent years well I’ve been off dope for almost 7 months now and have been having some really obsessive thoughts about doing a shot. Someone I work with just happened to have a script of roxies and I was very tempted to get some my mind tells me just to do it once itd be alright and then all the reasons why I should and shouldn’t but ultimately the only thing keeping me from doing it is the fact that I’ll have to pick up chips I shouldn’t to keep up the appearance of me being sober there’s a lot of other things I think about but this is the last one after I guess I’ve rationalized all the other ones away because if i get kicked outta here I will go to jail so I would then have to lie about my clean time and it would just start me into a lot of dishonest and possible continued or more frequent use I’ve been battling these thoughts for days now they keep getting stronger so any advice would be greatly appreciated

●Put as much effort into your sobriety as you have been trying to manipulate and justify using again. You’re stuck in your head, which is a dangerous neighborhood early on. Read, study, and work your recovery program.
●Educate yourself on this addiction. There’s tons of resources online.
●Start a sobriety journal and start by making a list as to why you shouldn’t use and what the benefits are to living a sober lifestyle.
●Be completely honest with yourself. If you are feeling squirrelly, ask for help.

2 Likes