Having trouble with sex after meth addiction

Recently a month and a half clean from ice and sex just isn’t what it use to be. Anyone else.

6 Likes

It never will be. Unfortunately.

Its best to stay away from physical and emotional anything for at least the first year.

You will learn a lot about yourself :grinning:

Congrats on a month and a half :tada::pray::hugs:

5 Likes

Are you having “trouble” with sex or you mean it’s just not chemsex?

3 Likes

Good question. I didnt even think of that. Now that I think about it , it is different experiences for males.

3 Likes

No, it’s sex in gengeral, I just end up completely uninterested in anything to do with it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand that. The libido took awhile to come back for me. I persoanlly have some “issues” around sex, was very promiscuous and had no boundaries before using meth. Meth of course amplified that and put me in some very dangerous situations. After I cleaned up (16 yrs ago now) the libido returned to MY normal, after awhile, but the sex was never as intense. Chemsex is out of this world but the chaos and destruction that meth caused in my life was not worth all the chemsex in the world.

Like April said, I wouldn’t worry too much about hooking up right now. I know it is hard to get that out of your mind after it’s been such a huge part of your life for so long. It’s time to heal your spirit my friend, once your spirit is alive you will be able to reconnect with your libido and enjoy intimacy on many different levels.

4 Likes

@Luckyredz

Rich might have some valuable advice here too!

2 Likes

Thats very normal. Give it some time. You’ve had it one way for however long that doing it another can just seem bla and not worth wild. That fades over time.

1 Like

For me i’ve been giving up meth for over 2 years. Mostly clean but sporadic relapses on average every 2-4 months.

For most of this last 2 years or so i’ve not had sexual urges as such, i’ve had chemsex urges. And so as my libido/sex drive returns around 2-3 months after the last relapse, it sets of the trigger for the next meth sex relapse… rinse and repeat. Sigh.

The good news is on this occasion, around Day 70-80 clean i’ve finally started having sexual urges which are not chemsex urges. It feels like a massive breakthrough, and one which is essential to my recovery. I don’t think I can ever recreate ‘meth sex’ whilst sober, but I remain hopeful for a normal healthy libido. How long it takes to return I do not know but it’s worth finding out.

3 Likes

That’s been something that’s made me relapse as well. Well, nothing makes me relapse. That’s my choice or lack there of.

Do you have any suggestions for just turning that part of the brain off during recovery?

2 Likes