“Healing mentally, healthy eating and Sports/Being active

@Juli1 Tag your it :metal:t3::dizzy:
If you found this thread welcome!! A thread inspired by wanting to experience and “create” a recovery experience that is all together real, nurturing, healing, safe, inspiring, even messy at times but simply learning or returning to practicing proactive actions and solutions proven to bring about lasting change, a thread of recovery experience in all of its messiness, fire and realistic experiences. Are you healing? How? Have you found ways to nurture/care/love and inspire self that creates a better sense of well being? How? do telllll lol let’s do this and start some areas of strength to bridge the trying moments.

9 Likes

It’s all in your title that has been helping me, healthy food, enjoying cooking it. Sports, meditation and dealing with mental health.

3 Likes

I love the idea of this thread! One thing I have noticed since being clean and sober is how everything is connected… all aspects of me. I guess right now my goal is to find a healthy balance. If one area of my life takes up more time and energy than the others, I start to get irritated and overwhelmed and irritable. So I tey to incorporate alityle of something everyday.

Am I healing? I would say so. I’m not actively in therapy or anything (sometimes I wonder if I should be). But everyday that I’m clean, the world around me shows me things that may need working on… for example triggers to certain things show me that I need to work on an area. Or opportunities arise that challenge the way I handle them today such as relationships with people. I do use also of the skills that I have learned over the decades of therapy etc

Nurturing and caring for self has alot to do with self care for me. Self love is a whole other topic but I am working on that also. I have certain things I love to do for self care… Meditate, exercise, sleep well, warm then cold showers (great for grounding myself), being in nature, prayer, and healthy food (altho I struggle with this lol but when I do eat well I feel soo good).

I’m curious to see what others have to say also!

3 Likes

@Juli1

Carryover response from last thread;

Ahh the whispering is awesome completely agree about the essence n gentleness of whispering, I had not tried whispering while doing a loving kindness towards my self only did it in my mind. Did some of it that way today though-I like it.

On the medi/intentions/intuitions I like that a lot- Loving kindness medi seems to work well for me. It helped walk me through some some days that were really cra lol. Your post reminded me about that Prayanama breathing…7 point breathing to regulate oxygen flow and to check in with my breathing.

Yas! Iced W Wine is so overated! Lol! The glass it comes in all nice n wonderful right?! Lol! Once I started doing my step one reaching out to my sponsor and meetings, I only had one “loud knocking” kinda day n it got less and less. Just finished step two. I have 4 months six days now after a 3 week drink.

The longest period of recovery I’ve held was 12 yrs and that’s how I know it really does work.

:laughing::laughing::partying_face: “Not programmed for it” :laughing::rofl: Well boo on Quinoa then lol! I will have to try the Basmati for sure!

YESSS Blenderrrr w the bananas lol that sounds Ah-mazing!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting! Any particular medi that is helping?

1 Like

Yes right? Me too looking forward to it! Thank you for posting!

There was a great amount of clarity to it I appreciate it.

I really like that you have all of that therapy to draw on. I did what felt like to me a deep dive timeline for childhood trauma issues at 12 years sober (now have 4 1/2 months again) and that went on for about 2 1/2 years to finally close out the dive portion. The triggers you spoke of brought that up for me in a clarity kind of way. I’m still putting some things together but now I get to create how I thrive on a much deeper level…I just feel on a much clearer level thankfully and get to be who I am at my core.

I’m thankful for this thread, that I can just be real and even a little messy lol because that’s what real recovery looks like for me.

Last week has been really good in a grateful way of all I have and have overcome of course and that positive way right? But also along with that was an interesting way I experienced some fear. Started feeling a lower vibration in mood with little thoughts running through. So I reached out for help from my sponsor and surrounded my thoughts of observing people that are on fire and working with clarity- hence the thread.

Last week I started experiencing some fear of outcomes- having limited thinking that unless A happens, my mood won’t thrive, my heart won’t feel free, like it won’t breathe lol!
I don’t like the limitations of fear in that variety. K time to eat but not really feelin it lol!

3 Likes

On a mission and won’t be limited by thoughts or feelings that are inaccurate and inadequate.

2 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
How cool… You really did it!
My reply will be short for now…
I will just do my actual mediation routine,
a little breakfast (protein shake) and then hurry to the pool again :rofl::swimming_woman:t2: Afterwards I will have a day with my parents and brother, cooking and just chilling. This is always calming and funny.

I posted something yesterday, about my actual healthy eating, maybe this is helpful here for someone too.

“For me it helps to take care of it and also write it in my little daily report sometimes.
We all have another focus…
I had a bit of eating disorders and in sobriety I am trying to heal that with not focusing on “good old weight loss trouble” but on regular eating to give my body regeneration,
eating healthy, but also whatever I feel like.
For me the focus on having a good fitness level and being strong to stay sober is higher then loosing weight atm! That’s a good process for now.”

Furthermore i am just noticing, reflecting due to questions or advised from this community is helpful on my way too! :revolving_hearts::pray:

Take care :v:t2::cherry_blossom::white_flower:

2 Likes

Ahh… drinking hot water in the morning and during the day, like ayurvedic tradition, is very helpful, cleaning body from toxins. :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

In the evening i enjoy my cold tea on ice :yum:

2 Likes

Anxiety meditation and healing for daytime and at night time like long 8 hour fall asleep with affirmations. You tube has some great meditations Nikki Sutton her voice is one that helps my shoulders relax almost instantly with the way she speaks.
The sports though the past month I have really gone in with it as my mental health needs constant attention and swimming everyday and doing a spin class or fitness class before the swim has me feeling amazing. It’s taken a while to get myself to the point of being able to go but the feeling and the routine it has given me is just so great.
Eating healthy also especially after a work out.
Nice thread you started here :+1:
Self care and enjoying it instead of feeling guilty for being kind to myself is a big one I’m still working on. Working on my self worth. These are big things for me right now and learning what actions if any I need to take to help this. Like with my mental health knowing that if I need a day of doing nothing to heal myself that is okay and not make myself feel terrible for it. But also learning to be gratefull for the smallest things and people.

2 Likes

Yes to working on good sleep!

I don’t know how I survived so many years with my sleep being abused by my drinking.

Exercise has helped me in sobriety a lot. I swim and bike and hike as often as I can. I’m also trying to avoid injury from overuse. (Cuz moderation is a challenge for me in this area too! Hehehe)

Eating right is key to so much of the overall health picture too.

Guarding my sleep, physically moving every day, eating right…. Yup these are important. I’m also trying to incorporate a version of play into most days. It often shows up for me in the swimming or biking. It is a key piece for me of the overall mental health picture. I did not play a lot as a child due to the dysfunction in my family, so allowing myself to experience a sense of play is a big deal for me.

I appreciate this thread and will try to keep track of it as I find this very interesting. I hope everyone has a good day!

3 Likes

Lol yas! And your gettin at it with outstanding action! I’m currently recharging/regrouping but will be back to post more later :metal:t3::dizzy:

Yas! The play! I so get it- love the depth of your post!

1 Like

Going to look up the name- the voice right? So important yup. I’m loving all these posts.

1 Like

I usually just type into you tube

Nikki Sutton guided meditation

And then you can pick one that you connect with like for sleep, or anxiety or healing energy.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have a nice construction mood :muscle:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Twizzle,
thank you sooo much for this suggestion…
I just found her YouTube channel and tried a body healing meditation! Really enjoyed it, won’t be the last… Even not for today :pray::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Just looked it up love it! I was doing meditation oasis podcasts for a bit. A lot of differing ones including inner child work. I’m looking forward to seeing if there is some of that in there. Looking forward to more of it tonight. I’m setting the intention and goal to listen to these as I fall asleep. I always get too sleepy trying to meditate in the am. Have you noticed a shift after utilizing these for some time? It’s fascinating that it literally rewrites Neuro pathways. Thank you again! :metal:t3::dizzy:

1 Like

Thank you. I think for now, staying safe, reaching out to my sponsor and continuing to find answers is a healthy place to practice. It was a necessary and challenging place to be to tell the x things that were made clear in therapy in order to speak my truth and keep a mental boundary that was eating at me.

2 Likes

I’m on this Yerba Mate thing right now for my morning energy. I let go of the Bangs and am enjoying it way better.

2 Likes