Health Questions, I know not everyone is a Dr 😂

Almost at 30 days sober from alcohol and paying attention to my body a lot as it becomes healthy again. Anyone ever notice any weird skin changes after becoming sober? I’ve always had some acne in life scattered around my body. I have noticed some red bumps on the skin scattered around. They’re small and not painful or itchy and I’ve read it can be related to alcohol use so maybe I’m just noticing now that I’m sober and care about my health. Anyway, figured there’s people on here that may have similar experiences. Looking forward to a good chat on this!

5 Likes

The body tries to excrete toxins in your body, including through sweat glands. Alcohol is a toxin. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a skin reaction like that. I’d probably go in to the doc/dermatologist just in case.

Congrats on 30 days!!! :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

there are several threads on health resp. skin issues. you can use the search function to search for keywords like skin. congrats on 30 days :tulip:

3 Likes

This time next week will be 30 days for me! I guess I should have figured there were health threads lol just figured it would be easier to throw out a question but thanks I’ll search and check out the health threads :blush:

2 Likes

Have you started using different washing powder, shower gel creams etc if not it is probably sweat glands.

2 Likes

I think you asked a great question. I’ve seen topics posted about acne and itchy skin but not scattered red bumps. If your search “skin”, you may find some older discussions that may be useful. As others have said, seeing a dermatologist is your best bet.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a skin condition that I’ve developed after getting sober, and I wonder if it doesn’t stem from the nervous system. I get an itchiness and it’s almost always around my joints (ankles, wrists, hips) It itches so bad that as I scratch and it feels good, I scratch more and deeper until eventually I’ve irritated that area to the point where it heals by scabbing over. I have not seen my doctor for this condition.

I’ve heard a lot about that itchy skin, and it does go away, at least for me it did. Also winter where I am at, so that compounds the issue. Annoying more than anything.

1 Like