Healthy cooking recipes + ideas?

With sobriety, healthy eating should follow. I made the mistake of swapping alcohol for chocolate and now I’m really seeing the change in me lol. I should have swapped it for good nutrition, I could have been looking great right about now. Any healthy recipes people want to share?

Check out SparkRecipes.com and SparkPeople.com as well for a whole bunch of free tools.

I have been a member for years. It’s free and there is a lot of support there.

As for my own recipes:

Breakfast most days:
1/2 cup yogurt
15 grams whey protein,
1 tsp collagen powder
1 tsp ground flax seed (omit this if the texture bothers you)
Stir all the above well.

Top with 1/2 cup berries, sprinkle of low sugar granola and a few nuts.

1 Like

collagen powder? Ive never heard of this will it make me look younger :wink: lol I use the face creams but never thought about it in food

When i quit weed, i really evaluated what else in my life makes me high. I discovered i have a food addiction too. I have simplified my diet and eat only 4 meals a day with no snacks. It may be extreme, but im really happy about how i feel. Heres what i have been eating:
Morning:coffee, 1/2 cup all bran cereal, 1/2 cup 1%, 1 cut banana, 1 tblspoon peanut butter.
Lunch: baked potato, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, salt pepper.
Dinner: costco ceaser salad, with costco chicken cut on it.
Snack: 1/2 cup cashews.
Sometimes i swap lunch or dinner for burritos (scrambled egg whites cooked with salsa, flower tortilla, sour cream), turkey sandwiches (pita, turkey, pickle, mustard, miracle whip lite) or a cheese quesodilla.
Im a big guy, 220lbs +, but this gets me through the day😁 hope some of that was helpful!

1 Like

Not sure where you’re from or if you have a Wegman’s but I made this tonight with spelt pasta. It was DELISHHHHH, nothing like regular alfredo taste wise but the consistency was there. @Yoda-Stevie you may also enjoy this! :slight_smile: I added some cayenne and garlic too.

1 Like

hi, I don’t think we do have Wegmans, (well I havent heard of it anyway) but that recipe does look really nice . Maybe I could replace it with something else.

Yeah or maybe the store you shop at has its own version of this. I know a lot of places do that. It may be pretty easy to puree on your own too! :slight_smile: Yummy and cheap – two of my favorite things! Here is another recent one I love. I make them and take about 2-3 to work with me and pop them in the microwave for a minute. I’ll have a yogurt with them too, plus tea or coffee, to round out breakfast. You can put whatever you have on hand in them. Cooking has helped me SO much with staying away from alcohol

2 Likes

The last times I seriously got sober I gained quite a bit of weight because I let myself eat whatever. It was easy to justify because “at least I’m not drinking”. This time, I’m focusing on eating healthier while allowing myself the occasional splurge. I feel much better physically and mentally when I eat well!

My favorite easy go-to healthy meal is a sheet pan meal:
3 peppers, chopped
3 medium zuchinni, chopped
4 pack of chicken sausages, chopped
Season with olive oil and salt and pepper
Serve with sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Yum!

2 Likes