Hello everyone I’m in my first 24 hours of being sober!

Hello everyone my names Josh and I’m currently on my first day of being sober I felt great today but currently having trouble sleeping. Overall I’m blessed to be alive and sober and look foward to getting to know all of you. I’ve been trying to get this monkey off my back for over a year now and feel great about this go around I know this is a fight and I’m coming into it this time hands up and ready to battle. I’m all ears and I’m looking foward to speaking with all of you together we can do this!

11 Likes

Hi :wave:t3: and welcome to the forum. You are gonna love it here. Lots is resources and advice. Congrats on starting your journey. You sound really positive… keep that going! Stay strong :muscle:t3: and keep fighting the fight. :blush:

5 Likes

Hi Josh! I’m new here also. Just joined today. I love your positive vibe!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I am strong and will keep fighting the fight and im thankful to have stumbled across this great tool where I can come talk and listen to all of these great fighters I know we all have stories of our battle and It’s comforting to know that I’m not in this alone :muscle: :facepunch:

5 Likes

heyyy! I’m 11 days sober after my last relapse and the only thing I say is: STAY STRONG! you can do it. to be really honest some days suck but try to think positive and stay occupied okay? I’m still having some trouble sleeping but I guess we just have to wait, it gets better.

let’s do this :black_heart:
just for 24.

3 Likes

you’re so positive idk i feel happy now

1 Like

Thanks for your response! I’m glad my positivity has made you happy your 11 days gives me even more confidence that all of us fighting this battle can do this! I’ve had time to evaluate where I went wrong before my last relapse and I’m in the process of making the correct changes to make sure I never hit the mat again I have a plan and will carry it out and we will all do this together once again I’m blessed to hear and have everybody on here this tool is a prime example that strong individuals can all come together to conquer our goals

Nothing but love :heart:

Welcome. I’m going on day 10 so it’s new to me too. I remember/come to this great online gathering when I’m struggling, for inspiration. Glad to have you here.

5 Likes

Thank you I’m glad to be here and listening to all the sober time your 10 days inspires me truly

Nothing but love :heart:

1 Like

Hey all my name is Andre and I have 18 days sobriety on my counter and honestly like bruneca said stay strong and positive…I went to a detox center in CA then cam back home to Ohio got a lil job and now I’m able to work and I haven’t even thought about drinking I drink (he he) cranberry and orange juice mixed preferably with crushed ice but naw I’m glad you’re taking steps in your life to be sober it’s a hard journey but we have each other hit me up anytime broskiiii

2 Likes

Thank you Andre for your positive words and support I look foward to speaking with you!

1 Like

No problem this was my callin

1 Like

Josh,
Welcome to Talking Sober!!
You’ve found a great group of people.
You should read up and find the daily check-in thread.

1 Like

Welcome! This group is so great and has helped me so much. I remember when I first started and seeing people with so many days made me so much more determined. I wanted to be those people!
Today I have 60 days! You can do it!

2 Likes

Hi Cricket,
Looks like you and I started our recovery on the same day! I’m from Texas, where are you?

1 Like

Hey there…I’m in Wisconsin.