Hello Everyone New to App. Day 1 behind me

Looking forward to day 2. So far since Dec. Cant get past day 3. Determined as I wish to put Alcohol behind me.

11 Likes

Welcome! Reading lots of threads here and checking out AA meetings has helped me out in early recovery a lot. Remember, you only have to say no to the first drink, then there cannot be a second or third. If it helps, come here and talk to us about what you’re going through instead of going for a drink.

4 Likes

Ty Ifs will do I’ve been reading post I can so relate to a lot of folks on here.

2 Likes

Welcome. Take it one day at a time. If possible get to aa meetings and keep coming back. Working the AA programme meticulously has got me 9 months off the drink and off drugs all together! Fabulous improvements I can assure you. It works when you work at it. Progress not perfection! Surrender admit powerlessness step one and life’s out there for the living!

3 Likes

Ty Duncan I am considering AA will be my first ever. I admit me and Alcohol are not friends I’ve drank as far as a can remember and I feel it’s time to stop and put Alcohol behind me

1 Like

Desperation is a gift, willingness is the key, AA will provide the rest, it’s all there for you. Life’s for the living. Don’t quit before the miracle happens. The only requirement for the fellowship of AA is the desire to quit drinking, you’re a member when you say you are. Listen for the similarities not the differences. You need not drink again. Much love. Be great to hear your ups and downs in the threads, it doesn’t automatically become easy but it gets easier :heart:

3 Likes

Takes a lot of courage to walk in there and work the programme honestly but you can do it. Get a sponsor in AA who works the steps or who you relate to and read some literature even if it’s just taking pamphlets it will all help cement a foundation for your lifelong recovery

2 Likes

I hope I found an AA meeting near by about 10mins sent a email making sure info is accurate and up to date if it is Thursday will be my first AA meeting i attend. Hopefully I wont lose my nerve by then

1 Like

Sounds awesome! I always hear about people being nervous about going, but then when they do I hear good things for the most part. Here’s a thread from a few months ago from someone in a similar position. There’s a few others to be found as well, if you want to use the search function.

Ty Ifs hopefully I’ll get a call back by thursday.

1 Like

If you searched for local AA meetings and it has come up showing this one on Thursday then it will definitely be happening, you do not necessarily need to wait for a call back. They are pretty good at keeping such details and information up to date. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ty Pants I did manage to find a # for a meeting tomorrow that didn’t show up when I did the first search.

Well done finding a meeting thats great youl be ok everyone there has been were you are wish you well, are u in the uk if so let me know and ill find some more in your area

1 Like