Hello eveyone

I’m new here to this forum. I have been struggling with opiates for about 3 years now. The longest I have been off these pills is a month. I’m tired of feeling this way so I decide to quit cold turkey. I’m on Day 2 as of 430 am today and I have the bad restless legs and it keeps me from sleeping. This is the hardest part for me is not sleeping. I want to stay strong and get ME back…can any one relate and help me get past this.

4 Likes

Welcome hang in there. It will get better if you use the search function there was one about opaite withdrawal. Good luck have a bit of patience and someone will stop by and share there experience

Thank u i will try anything at this point. I’m going nuts.

1 Like

@Ballys121 don’t give up the pain is only temporary I deal with it a 2 or 3 times a year because of kidney stones. What I’ve found that really helps me is to flex the muscles in my legs it sounds crazy but it works for me that and lots of fluids. But don’t give up because the reward is so worth it. And your life will be so much better.

Ur so right and I have done the flexing of the muscles before. It does help. I just have a hard time with the whole not sleeping for 3 days or so. I didn’t sleep last night and I’m feeling like I’m going with my legs kicking already. I always feel like I have burst of energy but it’s s constant throbbing and pulsating…

@Ballys121 I can relate I am going though them myself right now. I had a stint put in my heart on May 31st. They had to put me into twilight sleep then pain meds. So your not alone and remember when your body wants to go to sleep it will let you know when it’s time. Good luck and don’t give up.