Hello from the new girl!

Hi y’all! I just switched apps to count my days, mostly because I didn’t feel it was necessary to pay monthly for something like that. I thought I would try this one and see how it is. I am almost 70 days sober. I started out doing it for my son who has had a rough time lately and wanted him to know he always has someone available for him at any time. But honestly now I just feel so much better without it that I don’t plan to ever go back! It is amazing what all you can handle and accomplish when you’re not planning your week around “what days will I not be hung over”!

43 Likes

Congratulations… keep up the good fight!!

1 Like

Yeah, keep at it. I used to think I had no time for anything, but it was only bc I was drunk or hungover. You’ll get more and more time back. The most important times. All the best :heart:

5 Likes

Hello and welcome! Good on you for 70 days! That is no easy task. This is a great app with great people, came to the right place🙂

2 Likes

Welcome! Only 23 days myself. I too want to be sober for my kids. All 3 of them. All still at that young fun age and I’ve been missing out. I was always stressed and I’d drink for that stress, which eventually ended a 6 year marriage… but anywho, I agree. I have so much more energy and no longer have to worry about hang overs cause I was the type to just lay in bed and die and that is no way to raise children :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome. Congratulations on your 70 days. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! And welcome :sparkles::hugs:

1 Like

Well done. Great to see the positive attitude.

1 Like

Hey Willow! Welcome and congrats on those 70 days! :hugs:

1 Like

Congrats! Though I haven’t found my first 24 hours yet I just know this place is awesome. I’ll be ready pretty soon. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

@RMPrintz1 I can promise it’s worth it! At first I was worried out missing out with my friends. But honestly, there’s not been one time that I’ve felt left out! I make it fun and come up with refreshing AF drinks that include carbonated water instead of alcohol. There’s some good stuff out there! I dare you to try the 30 challenge. :wink:

1 Like

Congrats on 23! Those were the most critical days for me. Headaches and anxiety. But then one day I woke up and felt like I had a breakthrough. All of a sudden I felt great again! Good luck on your journey @SirOptimistic

Thank you @Chiron! LOVE your name btw. Mythology is my jam. My dog’s name is Hercules!

1 Like

What you said… “I started out doing it for my son who has had a rough time lately and wanted him to know he always has someone available for him at any time.” … Warms my heart. Motivation like that is priceless. You’ve got this, I just know it. Expect for some down days and have gratitude for the good. My best to you!

1 Like

Thank you @Roundkick! While my kids are older now, I believe they still need good role models and to know there is someone to provide stability in their lives. I’m glad I have the strength to be that person for them. Although not at home anymore, they are still and always will be my heart and soul! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome! I agree, I used to actually plan easy days following nights I knew I would be drinking. It is great to get all 7 days out of the week now!

1 Like

Heard… Mine are 27 and 25 and I could not agree more!

2 Likes

Welcome!! Its amazing how much we can accomplish now that we’re sober, isn’t it??

I have 53 days sober today and I legitimately feel like I had a second job (drinking) that I really hated and finally quit. I have so much more time and am so much more productive now! Not to mention all the health benefits, my relationships are all thriving, and all the money you can save without spending it on booze.

This is a great place to be, stick around!

3 Likes

Welcome @GranolaAF!

Like others members here, this app has been a life saver for me. I’m 63 days on my sobriety journey and not sure I would have gotten this far without the huge support of this group from around the world.
Read lots! It’s crazy how one can deeply relate to so many of the comments, thoughts and experiences.
For me I felt very alone on my journey. I was isolated in my life and suffering. Then I found TS… and it completely changed my perspective.
This is my family and my church!

3 Likes

Hello!! Its great to be here. Sometimes you fall, but then you pick yourself back up.
I especially relate with the comment, planning events around the hangovers, just dont want to do that anymore… Wont do that anymore.
Checking in, day 1

4 Likes