Hello, I'm back and scared UPDATE: LOOK AT THE END OF THE THREAD šŸ˜

Back with my tail between my legs, feeling ashamed and scared.
Binge drinking has really gotten out of hand, Iā€™m killing myself basically.
Drank on Friday night and pretty much all day yesterday, woke up this morning to half a bottle of vodka left over, poured it down the sink. Iā€™m done with this. I feel terrible, look terrible and Iā€™m scared now.
Need to stay accountable so Iā€™m back here.

55 Likes

Welcome back.

2 Likes

Glad to see you back :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you. :blush:
Reset my counter, please let it be the last time :pray:

Starting on my day 11. I understand that feeling you are having. Most people here do. I have relapsed many times because of that demon in my ear rationalizing to have another drink.

I would suggest trying an AA meeting. The support and anonymity can be very useful tools.

8 Likes

Welcome back, Jen. Donā€™t beat yourself up too much. Youā€™re here and have support. Perhaps a virtual AA meeting may provide some additional support as well during this time.

2 Likes

Very glad to see you back! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking of a meeting.
Youā€™re right I have that little devil in my ear tooā€¦ this is how it will go. Few days from now Iā€™ll be feeling better, the weekend will roll around and itll be telling me that I was just being dramatic and I dont have a problem, how could I when Iā€™ve gone a whole week without drinking?? Iā€™ll be bored then get a bottle of vodka and most likely sit at home on my own drinking it. Possibly wake up the following day and start drinking more to get rid of the hangover. Rinse and repeat.
Why I keep doing this Iā€™ll never know.
Iā€™ll end up losing everything or dead.

9 Likes

I understand you! Here for the first time. Had my first AA meeting and it was just great after 10 years of drinking. For the first time I didnā€™t felt alone. Iā€™m scary for the future but day by day. Hang in there and know youā€™re not alone.

7 Likes

Welcome Iā€™ve only been here a little over a month nice to have you back. Hmm Vodka that one got me everytime. Well any whiskey did it didnt matter get some rest something to eat. I most certainly feel what your saying. Cheering you on!

3 Likes

All you are gonna get here is thisā€¦

Welcome back.

I am SO HAPPY that you are alive and here today.
I am also SO PROUD of you for waking up today and choosing a better way.

We Are all here!

3 Likes

Welcome home!

Congrats on coming back,
No need to be scared, the longer you stick to soberiety the better you will feel.

We are all here for you.

2 Likes

Nice to see you, Jen! I swear I was just thinking of you yesterday. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you everyone, feeling a little emotional right now. :pleading_face:
Iā€™m sure the people who work in the local shop know me as an alcoholic, itā€™s just a little village hereā€¦ its embarrassing, what they must think about me. Iā€™ve even started going to a different shop to buy alcohol so they dont know how much I actually drinkā€¦ how has my life came to this??

I know its one day at a time. I had 9 months sober last time so I can do it again.
Didnt even think about drinking by the end of that, only started because of the first lockdown and had my ex living with meā€¦ and well its ramped up massively. Its true what they say, in the all you do its pause the tape, when you start back up you end up in the exact same place as you left off, not ā€œjust having a glass now and againā€ or ā€œmoderatingā€ā€¦ Iā€™m surprised I havent just died in my sleep.

18 Likes

Go to a meeting instead of drinking. Just try it. The only requirement is being honest with yourself.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the uk so full lock down here.
Iā€™m going to try the TS zoom meetings on Saturdays though :blush:

1 Like

Welcome back. I know how you feel with the rationalizing ā€œI canā€™t possibly be an alcoholic, I can stop for weeks at a timeā€. Then we always end up back where we started, up all night drinking, feeling awful about our choices. Iā€™m not in the UK, Iā€™m in Canada but locked down as well, and lockdowns hit hard. Weā€™re all here for you.
Iā€™m so glad you came on here instead of drinking today. :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome back,

This has been my longest length of abstinence from everything,

Iā€™ve reset multiple times, fallen out much more than I could ever count, is it easy ah hell no, its harder to admit defeat each time but we do it. Anf we climb out of the ditch and make it a new day. Day one is better than day none

3 Likes

Hey, you got knocked downā€¦ your getting back up. Show yourself some grace today. YOU DIDNT GIVE UPšŸ™Œ I know the fellings all to well, being critical of yourself just magnifies how already horrible it feels that first dayā€¦ physically & mentally. Take a hot showerā€¦ comfy clothesā€¦ lots of non alcoholic liquidsā€¦ something good on the TV to distract youā€¦ and ask God for help. Thatā€™s my recipe.
Oh, and We are all here 4 yaā€¦ how could I forget.

3 Likes

Good to see you back Jen :blush:

1 Like