Hello just came back from emerging unit seizure no one even cared as I’m alchohol

Hello everyone just recently been in emergency unit small seizure severe alchohol withdrawal doctor didn’t care send me home told me to stay in bed and suffer scared to have another one so had drink wich makes me feel immediately better I’m 27 going through this addiction first drugs now this when kick down started for worse as I was working and suffering at least 8hours being sober but this time is so hard feel lonely in this misery

8 Likes

Thank you for not making me feel alone been waiting for detox for ages slowly giving up but this means a lot to me :pray: god bless to people who here to support and blessings for all of us who is struggling with this disease just recently came across to this group true blessing

6 Likes

OMG sweetheart do you have a primary care physician? Is there a way you can voluntary check in to a rehab? Are you in the States?

3 Likes

I’m from UK :uk: waiting list is long they just told me keep drinking minimal to avoid seizure and the rest withdrawals lock down private rehabs are closed
I’ll try to reduce not to have liver pain
In Uk every supermarket have alchohol section next to the check out big marketing on alchohol
Of someone drug withdrawal get some help if alchohol they tell you keep drinking but reduce
Why system is so messed up doctor was on the phone while talking to me when I said about my problem!!!

2 Likes

@Englishd
I am going to tag Derek to see if there is any other assistance.
Hugs, be brave and I’ll be praying for you :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome here Rebecca! Glad to see you here. You started on your road towards recovery. It’s not an easy way to walk but it’s certainly doable and so much better than the other one. Do you have a GP? If so, contact him or her for some assistance? Maybe get a good schedule to lower your alcohol intake in a responsible way and maybe get some medicine to help fight withdrawals? Success!

3 Likes

I’m hoping will get some medicine as alchohol don’t give pleasure no more finished listening Allen Carr book easy way stop drinking really inspirational helps to understand brain wash just physical withdrawal is an issue never believed it could happen to me
I read so many success stories want to be part of it and to be able support other to fullfill my life
Little by little

5 Likes

Hi, welcome! I’m also in the UK. I found Allen Carr’s book very good early on in my sobriety. I have it on my kindle and re read it often. I’m so pleased that you are on this sobriety journey with us. How soon will you be able to ween off completely? :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I wish I knew the UK system better, bc I really don’t think they should be denying you medical care like that. Maybe try finding a different hospital. How long ago was your last drink?

2 Likes

@Lucyreb. All I can say is I am sending positive thoughts and caring your way. I have never had a seizure, which is a big surprise, but I have felt AWFUL while detoxing. One of the things I think about when I want to START to drink is how awful it is to STOP. Please stay in touch as and let us know how you are doing.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing…

1 Like

You really shouldn’t have been turned away. Obviously with covid it’s difficult in hospitals but even so, they have a duty of care.
Have you contacted your GP?
I don’t know how much you have looked into it, you mention rehab.
My experience was the GP put me in contact with an addiction services. Basically a charity that has outsourced it from the NHS. My local one is Swanswell. When I spoke to them they were talking about moderation which is not what I was after.
I ended up going to AA but found this forum and have stuck here since
I would advise you to contact your GP again in the first instance and then at least he will know you are stopping drinking.
How much were you drinking?

3 Likes

Afternoon I’m drinking a lot normally in the evening is starting 8% strength beee or cider normally from 4-8cans which makes me totally wasted memory loss every night next day severe withdrawal so just stay in bed as don’t want to drink from morning without food
Yesterday tired to stick with two cans feels like severe hunger being starved for a week pain spinning dizzy heartbeats out of breath can’t pass this withdrawal as I know there is quick fix that helps me sleep and get rid of the pain
Will be getting another book as and keeping myself busy as long as I can till reach first drink :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Yes contacted again waiting for appointment during there hard times everything takes longer then usually spoke with the addiction Center told me not to give up up be patient which is what I’m going to do really want to get rid of this monster for good

4 Likes

Hi…which Allen Carr book. I see he has several. Thanks!

Hi, sorry. It was the easy way to stop drinking for women. But he does an easy was to stop drinking one aswell. Hope this helps :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Well, I truly believe that for the most part, like so many things in life, the reality for women differs. So, a book geared towards women appeals to me. I will check it out for sure. My only reservation is it was written by a dude.:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: it was written by a genius! Lol. It’s a great book, you could download on amazon if you wanted to get it quicker. Defo worth a read! When I was told about it by a friend of mine (before I found this place) I thought, the easy way!? Gotta be a scam…but my word! It really is a great book. My friend actually read the easy way to give up smoking but the addiction side is the same thing. Let me know how you find it. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Tagging a UK friend who is a strong support and a wealth of knowledge. @RedDragon

3 Likes

I see there is a recorded version. My other addiction, Audible!! I appreciate the referral and will let you know if I like it. Reading quickly the description on Audible, somebody made a reference to Annie Grace. I have read her book as well but found so much of what she said appears to gear towards younger people. I’m 60. I’m looking forward to checking this out.

1 Like