Hello. My name is Sam. I will be 5 Months Clean and Sober from a 17 year Meth Addiction on October 18, 2021

I think I’m gonna try going to AA this week

1 Like

Huge congrats Sam you are living proof that I can do it too, 66 days from meth relapse today! Thanks for coming here and sharing

1 Like

Go and believe with all your heart NA has made the difference for me this time round

2 Likes

Congratulations Sam on being 5 months clean and saving your life. That’s huge!
This is a great place for extra support.
Have a good read around and join in when you’re comfortable.
I’m glad your here. I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Your welcome. Believe me it has not been easy by far but one day at a time I keep pushing ahead. I went to Rehab and completed my rehab program and now I’m doing I.O.P (Intense Outpatient Therapy) three days a week for three hours each day for 6 weeks classes. Three more weeks and I will be graduating my I.O.P. Program…

1 Like

Thankyou!!!

Congratulations just keep focusing on what you want by taking just one day at a time

1 Like

AA is truly a really good program if you willing to work the program for yourself

1 Like

Congrats on your clean time.

We do recover.
:pray:

1 Like

Thankyou!!!

Thankyou~~~

Congrats!!! :partying_face::partying_face::tada::tada::heart::heart:

1 Like

Just popping in here… I’m also a recovering addict, although I’ve never tried meth before. I’ve seen what it can do to people so I’m proud of you for being five months clean.

My concern is for my sister. She’s been a meth addict for the past several years now and it hasn’t gotten any better. She recently admitted to me that she’s also shooting up. I’m not sure what she’s using, but it scares me. She’s also got a 2-3 year old son. She’s a single parent and has had many close calls with child protective services.

My question is, what is my place as her brother? How can I best help her? I know I can’t fix her… She’s been to rehab twice and both times she’s said she’ll never so drugs again, but soon after coming home she falls right back in. The worst part is she lies all the time about it. Always two weeks clean, never more than that, but she’s showed up high to many family gatherings and has been completely absent for others. My wife and I have reached the mutual decision that we can’t allow her in our home anymore… It sucks and it hurts, but we have our own kids to worry about.

I love my sister, and like I said before - I’m a recovering addict, but I’ve never dealt with substance abuse.

What’s my place?

3 Likes

Heya, sorry to hear about your sister. I was a daily meth user for many years and celebrated 16 yrs meth free this past summer.
All of the behaviors that you have mentioned seem pretty typical for anyone in active addiction. Like you said you can’t really do much for her, she needs to do this herself.

Have you considered joining a group like Nar-a-Non. They are a support system for families with other family members who are in active drug addiction.
A support thread was also just started on this forum maybe you could check that out. I will link it here.
Are you affected by a loved one who is an addict?

4 Likes

Congrats on the 5 months! Rock on! :musical_note:

1 Like

As her brother honestly let her know you live her and be completely open and honest with her your feelings and what your fear are of maybe loosing her to this demon of a monster that Meth truly really is. It’s the devil I battled with it myself 17tears of addiction and probably the rest of my life fighting to stay clean and Sober from its evil grins and I learned while I was I rehab that meth is a more metal addiction it’s a brain disease pretty much. And honestly unless she admits she has a problem and needs and wants help Unfortunately you can’t make someone know matter how much you them get help if they aren’t ready to get the help they want and need for themselves… I’m sorry you are going through this with a loved one. I raised one child if 17 years in addiction she will be 18 in March and I also have a 3 year old I didn’t want to also raise in addiction like I did my oldest. You and your family are in my prayers…

2 Likes

Thankyou!!!

Thankyou!!!..

1 Like

Thanks sweetie

1 Like

I do believe the devil has a hand in addiction… He seeks for all men to be miserable like unto himself. What better way than to take away their self control, their agency, their self worth, and their health through addiction? My own addiction/habits took 18 years of my life. While different in nature, I know that darkness. It’s a pain and sadness unlike anything we can experience.

But I do believe we can be made free. God is mighty to save. He can break the chains of addiction, he can free us from that cage, but we’ve got to be willing to reach out to him. We have to surrender to him. If we don’t want it, he can’t help us.

3 Likes