Help a girl out

You still going to your meetings?

2 Likes

Everyone here has offered some great advice. Different kinds of advice…some favorable to what you may want to hear and tryout and others probably not so much what you wanted to hear and tryout. But, one thing for sure…EVERYONE is offering their best advice with your sobriety/ recovery in mind. I just hope you don’t take offense when people offer advice that you may not want to hear.
If you must go…I think your husband supports your sobriety. Right? Hang close around him tonight, to keep you accountable. I actually like the idea of speaking with bartender about your decision NOT to drink. No details necessary. But doing this tells them to not serve you alcoholic drinks. Give yourself your best chance possible…If you must go. :grin: I hope you have a great time! …and come back to us with a success story that you DID NOT drinking!

6 Likes

If proving us wrong is the motivation that keeps her sober then I consider it a victory.

3 Likes

It truly is! I agree. That is what we try and do. By any means necessary. Man, I know how sneaky this disease is…waiting on my vulnerable moments.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, Willow! I’m so glad to hear from you!

Hey there, @ItsMyTurn! How are you doing? How’s the evening going?

2 Likes

So glad your sober! I know its hard but try not to be so hard on your self addiction is very tricky and sneaky! Make sure to find it in ypur heart not to judge yourself harshley for those thoughts and cravings you have. Love yourself and dont live in your shame it will kill you if your anything like me and many others. Stay away from shame live with love and compassion and know your doing a very courageous thing! Proud of you!

1 Like

Here and still sober!! :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

14 Likes

@MoCatt still sober! Thanks for checking in

7 Likes

Awesome! You are almost there. You will feel so amazing tomorrow when you wake up sober with your dignity and memories still intact.

2 Likes

This is a good plan. You can still support him but keep yourself out of temptation.

Well, I did it. I was at an open bar with everyone drinking and having a "good time " and I didn’t have a drink… oh how I wanted to, but i knew if I had one it would turn in to too many like every time. I was there from 5-12 and now I’m in bed. I am stronger than this and I will wake up tomorrow proud of myself :muscle::clap:

17 Likes

Love this!!! Good for you! I know you are feeling proud. Waking up sober is the best feeling.:heart:

3 Likes

Yes I still going to meetings, not so many AA but I go to smart meetings at Change Grow Live which is very much the same sort of thing. My sister took me away for 4 days, 3 weeks ago, to the sea side because I was in a horrible place of yo yo-ing with drinking/not drinking and couldn’t break the stupid cycle and self loathing, she’s never drank in her life but is being so understanding. It was so nice to be away from everything I felt free for the first time in years. My last drink was Sept 2nd and I haven’t had one since and only on the odd occasion do I think about it. The only thing I’m finding is I feel really low and have no energy and no get up and go, I just want to sit and do nothing or sleep at the moment. I’m looking for a job which I think will help but it’s nor easy finding one that I will feel happy in. I’m pleased with myself for the 14 days so far though.

1 Like

Well done you should be proud, I know how hard it is not to have that one drink.

2 Likes

Bloody well done! This has made you stronger. You should be really proud of yourself.

2 Likes

I’m happy your program is working

1 Like

My energy was really low for the first couple of weeks; just wanted to sleep a ton. That’s totally normal. It gets better - and then it gets so much better!

Thank you for your support

That’s really good to hear, I was beginning to think there is something else wrong with me. I’ve had blood tests and all ok so I hope I pick up soon.

2 Likes