Help binge drinker

I had an awful binge of drinking last week as I lost my father and my dear pet in the same week. I felt so awful. Had a hangover for 3 days and I have vowed to not touch anymore as I lost a couple of days. I have been shaking and drinking plenty of water and can’t stop sleeping. In need of lots of support please :sob:

Hi Diane and welcome back!
Haven’t seen you here in a long time. Sorry for your loss, that’s tough!
Was that the start of you drinking again or weren’t you sober before that?
Anyway, do you have a plan in how to stay sober?

So sorry for your loses, that’s is a huge double whammy and you are in my thoughts. I lost my mum my grandma and two beloved pets within the space of exactly 6 months and it was tough and I used it as an excuse to get wasted on booze and pain meds. So I can understand what you are going through. I am here if you ever wanna talk things through. Well done on logging back in and reaching out, that’s a great step in the right direction. Sleep sounds like a good plan to help through the early days. :purple_heart::blue_heart::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Hi Diane,

Sorry to hear that you’re suffering some tough losses. Glad you came back. Drinking doesn’t solve anything. Just adds more problems to our life.

Welcome Back.

Hey there Diane, I’m so sorry for your loss. Those are two big blows at once. I lost my mother two months ago…and it has been a rough ride so far. I went from fatigue and numbness (two weeks of sleepless 24 hour watch while she was on life support) to incredibly raw bouts of tears and shaking. It gets better then for a time, but yesterday was definitely a rough one. What I DO know though, is that this is all part of the grieving process. These feelings are meant to be felt, and the thoughts that come with them are all a part of the process as well. While the sensations leave me feeling weak sometimes, I am proud that I am facing them head on and with a clear mind. This is something that a drunk and using me never would have done. Turning to inebriation right now will only delay the feelings and cause them to fester Into something unhealthy. It’s ok for things to hurt. I hope you come on here and read through posts whenever you get the urge to drink. It also helped me to write down a detailed description of my last hangover, and a list of every reason I could think of I wanted to get sober. I reread these both any time craving hit, or I came on here and read read read. Again, I’m so sorry that you are grieving, sending you love from NJ
:heart:Ely

2 Likes

Hi Diane…
I very much empathize with how intense grieving is. And I am so sorry for your losses.
I started drinking again the week my son died last year.
It is still immensely painful and being sober doesn’t diminish my pain and heartache, but it allows it more dimension somehow. It allows me to actually feel it as opposed to trying to not feel it.
We are here! Lean on us.

1 Like