Help find my Sober Date

How do you find your sober date? Did you put the last day you drank/used? Or did you put the next day?
My last drink was January 10th at 11pm. What would I put for my sober date and what would I put when they ask the hour?

3 Likes

I might put midnight the next day (so an hour after your last drink) just so the count starts at midnight, but I’m a little OCD :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Mine was roughly when I had my last drink.

1 Like

I put the next day when the drink would have worn off. I actually set it to midnight because it made the count “perfect” but my last drink was likely 8 or 9 pm….not 11. I would have been passed out by 11. :joy:

That’s pretty much why I selected midnight too!! LOL

1 Like

But does that count as being sober?

1 Like

11am, July 5th 2018. Time and date of my new beginning

I had my last two shots of vodka at 10.59am and the old me died right there.

Obviously each to their own but that’s how I’ve done it. I want every sober minute I’ve earned.

7 Likes

I’m OCD with it too. But at midnight I was sober… I was hammered. So that confuses my calculations too lol

1 Like

I drank almost all day New Year’s Day. Until I passed out anyway. I started my clock at midnight January 2, 2020. So I’m calling January 2 my sober date. And I’m protecting it at all cost.

7 Likes

Going by the title I thought you were looking for tips on sober dating :sunglasses:
Anyway, I finished my last drink June 7 2019 at 23:30. I put down June 8 at midnight as my sober date. Although now I think of it I wasn’t 100% sober at that time yet. But it’s close enough for me. Going to keep it like that.

5 Likes

For me, it works…and after nearly 5 years, it just marks a point where I was done. Do what makes sense to you

6 Likes

That’s the problem… none of it is making sense to me right now. I like thinking that today the 15th marks 5 days but January 10 was by no means a sober day

Well the further out you get the less it matters. At 5 years that 8 hours will be moot :grin:

5 Likes

Honestly it’s what works for you,

Some people start the counter at their last drink others start the day after

So day one starts when you want it to start, like you said after a few years it won’t matter much, cause you’ll be enjoying your new life substance free

4 Likes

I put down the last time I could remember 11 days ago which was 7:30 PM as I crawled into bed and passed out because I had been drinking since lunch time lol

1 Like

Last drink was 03-Nov-2018 probably fairly early 9pm or so. Didn’t take me long to finish drowning the bottle of wine.
Started my counter to 04-Nov-2018 6 am.

3 Likes

if you drank on a day you have booze in your system so simple next morning wake up start your sober date

2 Likes

It’s all up to you to decide what your sober date means to you. You decide if it means when you decided to get sober, when you took your last drink, or when you last cleared the drink from your system. There is no “right” answer.

I mark the date and time of my last drink as recorded in the arrest record.

5 Likes

I drank last time 29 december 2021, and told myself, for 100time, when this is empty Im done, and I have my sober date when I woke up next day 30 december 06.00 morning

1 Like