Help I’m Really Craving a glass of wine!

I’ve been sober for 24 days and for some reason I am completely restless and Want to drink sooo bad…, trying to focus on my progress and not blowing it…

Don’t give in you’ve done well to get this far well done I’m just finishing day 34 always harder at the weekend nearly hit the wine tonight myself but came to my senses

It will get easier after a couple of months! I am at 112 days and still get some strong urges on certain days! For some reason drinking a coke or something similar helps me on those days.

2 Likes

I know easier said than done sometimes but you’ve just got to stay strong! I am right there with you. Today is day 29 for me and weekends are always harder. I just start to think about how embarrassed I always felt after a night of drinking and that usually keeps me pretty focused. Focus on your reasons for making this decision. You’ve got this. And you will be so happy with yourself tomorrow when you made it another day saying no.

1 Like

I substitute caffeine free Diet Pepsi for beer often. It satisfies my compulsion to lift a glass and drink something.

Thanks for the advice… still standing strong. I made several bottles of flavored soda water, cleaned, read, binged watched a show, etc… read things in the forum… just need to get thru the urges. This is why I can never drink again., it can control me and I want to always be in control…

2 Likes

Maybe a meeting might help