Help I'm about to break my streak

I have 13 days and am about to go to dinner! I really really really want to drink tonight!! I’m thinking what if I drink once a week on Saturday? Possible?

If you are feeling like this why go to dinner? Why not stay at home.

2 Likes

Even staying at home is making me Jones. I feel like tonight might break me. Do I really want to stop drinking anyway?

So you need to revisit the reasons why you decided to give up in the first place. Start to utilize your toolbox

2 Likes

That’s why I ran upstairs and jumped on this app. So I guess that’s a start. Ahhh

2 Likes

Yep definitely better idea.
Seriously you just need to put all the tricks into play.
Play the tape forward, how you going to feel tomorrow?

1 Like

I actually feel a little more in control these last few minutes. I’ll check back later

3 Likes

Crying and breathing

1 Like

Go easy yeah. Don’t let it creep up on you.

If I were you, I would remind myself of the reasons I want to stop drinking…
what led you to this app in the first place? play the tape to the end… Would you really just drink on Saturday’s? How do you want to feel going to bed tonight?

3 Likes

You’re going to dinner and you want to drink.

Ask yourself if these are good enough reasons to drink. If the answer is no then all you need is good company and some decent scoff. If the answer is yes, you probably should consider whether you’re ready to quit or not. Resetting/relapsing isnt fun and it isnt ever just for one day a week - It lasts weeks, months or years… I know what I’d do.

1 Like

I thought that too. But the conclusion I came to was that I wanted to moderate or drink one day a week because that gave me permission to get fucked up, and I wanted to get fucked up because I’m a fucking ALCOHOLIC!!

But that’s me, and you are you, so you can do whatever you think is right. Is it possible? Nah, I dont think it’s possible.

6 Likes

When I get this way I say…sure I can have a drink, but its not going to be today…maybe tomorrow but not today.

I’m glad you came and got on the app. Crying and breathing is a great way to remind yourself of how far you have come in 13 days…that’s 2 weeks!!! 2 weeks ago I was only 10 days sober.

6 Likes

If I could safely drink one day a year, I’d spend the rest of the year obsessing about that one day.

18 Likes

How are you doing @Blake11? I hope you played that tape all the way through. You know that one day a week drinking will only lead to more days.

1 Like

I had that same thought tonight! The thought is coming back again, more often and stronger. I asked myself tonight…Maybe I can handle one? Maybe two? Asked myself, how many is a problem?..Answer to myself…if you have to ask, one is probably a problem. Just my thought process, maybe it will help out.

1 Like

Had dinner with my family…NO Drinks! I can add another sober day tomorrow!!! Whew! Thanks all! Surprisingly this support really does help!

47 Likes

Woo hoo!! I’m so happy for you!
4360adef738e0e90e8383411976d482c32fcd561c4a11e6c3ccd55566fb50ac5.0

5 Likes

Well done.
Don’t be surprised mate. The stastics do show a correlation between time spent on here and length of sobriety. To me it wasn’t/isn’t just social media. It was/is a lifeline to a new life.
Bed sober = win! :metal:

6 Likes

Well done for that!! :facepunch:

2 Likes