Help I'm facing a difficult situation

A friend of a friend is in town, and we have been trying to get together. I thought I was being smart, and scheduled breakfast with her today, to avoid the alcohol situation. But it iced over last night, and roads were dangerous, so we postponed getting together until dinner. Now, the dilemma.

I want to take her somewhere interesting, and I don’t know if she drinks or not, and it’s St. Patrick’s day, so she might expect to be able to have a drink. But this is only my 8th day not drinking, and I do not think I’m strong enough to go somewhere and not drink. I have id’d a couple of places that probably don’t serve alcohol, but she might want a drink. I know I can do one or two beers at dinner (I’ve been doing it for months), and not go any further. Is that considered a relapse? If I do manage to have just one or two and then start over tomorrow?

Help.

1 Like

Be strong, believe in yourself, probably a date without drinking be the best date of your life, enjoy it!! … a hug.
(sorry my bad English)

1 Like

Open up to your friend about your struggle. If she’s truly a friend then she’ll understand. Your sobriety is far more important than providing an entertaining alcohol fueled evening. Just my $.02

3 Likes

I’ve never met her before, so she’s not exactly a friend at all.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, I really appreciate having people here to help me through these situations. Crisis averted though! We are rescheduling for Wednesday. So, I can stay home where there’s no alcohol, at least for tonight. And, one day at a time, right?

7 Likes

I pray u don’t have just 1 beer that’s how it starts stay strong … but can someone tell me how I can post on here like you all

3 Likes

I’m not sure why you are having trouble posting. Did you confirm your email address?

1 Like

Hi yes I did thank you for responding idk wats going on why I can’t post or maybe I’m not doing it correctly

I had to go through some little tutorial thing before I was able to post. I’m not sure how I found that. Maybe click on your icon in the upper right corner and see if you have some sort of welcome message from a robot.

1 Like

I’ll do that now fingers crossed :slight_smile: I’m proud of u keep fighting the fight 1 day at a time

1 Like