Help, I've been stupid. Need support

Nearly there. 5 days away from 6 months sober. And I’m about to have a bottle of vodka delivered. I don’t know why I’ve done it. I told myself if it was here I didn’t have to touch it. I told myself I could have just one drink and stop… Just received an email telling me it’s 8 stops away and I’m panicking. My partner would be so disappointed of he knew I’d even ordered it :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Then cancel the order or pour it down the sink. Your sobriety is not worth this…DO NOT DRINK IT! Do you want to succeed or fail?

6 Likes

Just open it and pour it down the drain… job done, there is no way on this earth that its worth spoiling 6 months hard work!!

5 Likes

Oh man, please don’t!:nose:

2 Likes

Don’t handle it. Give it to the delivery guy. Ask him to pour it out for you. Don’t touch it!

7 Likes

Is there a way to cancel the order? Could you call the driver and tell them that you can’t drink and to please take it and throw it away…or they can have a free bottle of vodka? You know that this won’t lead anywhere good. Play the tap through. This will only lead to regret, shame, anxiety, feelings of defeat and a physical hangover. It could lead to the end of your partnership, job or life.

4 Likes

Seriously Sarah. Get rid of it. Go out so you can’t take delivery.
6 months is a hefty amount of time.
What made you order it? Do you want to talk about why?

6 Likes

Please listen to everyone else that’s already replied and either leave so you miss the delivery or give it to the delivery driver or pour it out (I couldn’t do that I’d ask the driver). Just don’t drink it! Fight this. Think about it. The drink will not be worth it. No one ever comes on here saying how glad they are they relapsed!

5 Likes

Do not drink, it won’t make anything better. Lift will continue to happen but without alcohol you will become better equipped to handle it. Please just don’t drink

1 Like

Thank you. I fessed up. My partner rang me on his break n he’s being ridiculously supportive. He’s coming home to deal with it. I can’t leave cos I’ve 2 little girls and my prams not here atm. I’m still waiting on therapy to help me handle my addiction n it’s been nearly 6 months :confused:

15 Likes

ohh vodka. yeah. i went from wine to vodka, and the vodka is, what i believe, almost killed me. i can’t be too sure, but it made me so sick, i can’t even imagine touching the stuff. i say this to emphasize how sick all that stuff can make you and to remind you that you don’t want that.
remember. it is a poison. our bodies are not made to consume alcohol. there are no benefits. that 1st drink you will be sober from in 1 hour (roughly). one hour, in trade for all that time sober.
you and i both know its not worth it

3 Likes

I am so thankful you reached out!! Give yourself some credit for making it through that!!! Great job!!!

3 Likes

Also years of bad habits and bad choices wont be fixed in 6 months but look at how you just handle that situation!!! Your doing great! :+1::grin::pray::heart::pray::heart::pray:

5 Likes

I’ve been an alcoholic since I was about 23. Replaced drugs. My partner asked me to stop drinking and I had a seizure. I was advised not to drink for 12 months. And I got pregnant :blush: so it was easy. Passed the year mark. But then the same thing happened. I can’t stop. It’s a bottle a day or i shake and can’t function. Then I ended up in hospital again. Told not to drink at all and got pregnant again :joy: I seem to cope better when I’m pregnant cos I’m doing it for someone else. After my youngest was born it happened again n I sought help. I’ve been on a waiting list for help so it’s a battle in my head everyday. They told me last time my blood alcohol was up to 2000 n it was only supposed to manage 80 :grimacing: I’m not sure what that means but I’m lucky my liver still works.

7 Likes

Good for you! You did the right thing. Give yourself a pat on the back. Just by reaching out shows you really want help. Keep fighting and stay strong and come back here for support.

4 Likes

Don’t answer the door. Leave a note with a tip and tell the guy he can have it! Compulsive behavior is something that we can all relate. If it was easy no one would have a problem. You got this 6 months thats plenty time to change your mind after an impulse. Simple or complicated just dont. And dont lie to your Husband about it when you see him get that positive reinforcement from him. Then move on!

2 Likes

Stay on this app and keep getting support thru everybody here, well done for fess ing up your partner sounds really supportive… :heart::rainbow::heart::rainbow:

3 Likes

Hi @Tiredalways2903, so glad you didn’t drink the bottle, I’m almost 2 months sober, n this hasn’t happened in the last 10 years. I realized that everytime I told myself I’m going to quit drinking for my kids… That never happens, I just got to a point n had to do it for myself, life is so much better sober and manageable. Try to go to an AA meeting n get a sponsor who can come over when you have the desire to drink. Hand your life over to the universe and let it take you through the journey, we all drink for various reasons, try to control situations. I recite myself the serenity prayer when I have an urge for a drink. GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE. STRENGTH TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN. AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. Good luck. ONE DAY AT A TIME.

You Got This.

2 Likes

Hey, Sarah. Well done on reaching out, very brave and courageous of you. The easy thing would have been to just get blotto!
Have you just been not drinking?
Have you thought about AA or SMART or any other type of program to help you?

2 Likes

Or let you partner take it from the delivery guy and let him pour it in the sink. Make sure you don’t see the delivery guy or your delivery. Also don’t see when your partner poured your wine in the sink and in the meantime do something else like you don’t even know that the delivery guy was even at your doorstep.

2 Likes