Help, I've been stupid. Need support

Yeah, I’m in Yorkshire. I find it really hard to leave my home which makes some of the meetings difficult. I’ve 2 little girls both under the age of 2 and my anxiety goes off the charts with even having to cross the road to buy milk. I can’t do anything at the moment sober and it feels like I’ve been in these 4 walls for a very long time.

1 Like

Stay strong and the anxiety will lessen, just don’t take that first drink, and things will get better, but drinking little me end up hurting you. So please just don’t drink

1 Like

Ok Sarah, thanks for sharing that.
This is where the online stuff will come in then.
I can tag in a couple of people who I know have done or are doing SMART.
The is also intherooms.com.
It’s got to be worth having a look.
@Robketts @RedDragon

3 Likes

You’ve done exceptionally well so far. What a milestone to reach. You can go on without it!!:fist_right:t4::fist_left:t4::slight_smile::heart:

2 Likes

This is excellent work Sarah. Reaching out for help, both with your partner and with us. You can build on this.You want this and with help you can do this. Proud of you, be very proud!

1 Like

So glad you reached out. Sharing here can be very healing. Glad you have a supportive partner.

:heart:

1 Like

Can you call the AA number and they can put you in touch with members in your area??

1 Like

You are doing the right thing by talking to people. You have options. First you can drink and throw away your sobriety. You obviously don’t want to do that or you wouldn’t post on here about it. You can accept the delivery and not drink it, which isn’t very likely from what you are saying. You can call your partner and let him know what’s going on. Weakness is a part of being human. But recognizing the weakness is a sign of strength. You can also get out of the house and not be around for the delivery. Praying for your strength and sobriety. I have 8 days. 6 months is something that I desperately want for myself. You can do this!

3 Likes

I understand about your anxiety not sure if u know about the aa phone line ? U can phone up any time to chat to a fellow alcoholic then if u decide u would like to try a00 meeting a lady will pick u up and welcome u into the fellowship that way u will get some extra support and a few lady friends who have all been in your situation x

3 Likes

Well done for reaching out! That’s a massive thing!

1 Like

So so glad you reached out and that you were honest with your partner! I know that had to have been so very hard. But it was such the right thing to do!! You are surrounded by support here and I truly hope you can find some in person support soon! Take it one day at a time!

1 Like

Can anyone call or is that not allowed? I need to be kept busy x

2 Likes

I called AA n should hear back in 48 hours

3 Likes

That’s great u have called them . Once they call u back u can get the ball rolling to get u to a meeting. I was terrified when I first went but every one starts off frightened and full of anxiety. It’s totally normal. I really hope u get the support you deserve x

1 Like

Well done Sarah. Seriously well done. Progress not perfection.

1 Like

Hi @Tiredalways2903 i go to smart meetings which are f2f which is what I prefer. i have not tried online meetings but certainly worth having a go… great work in not drinking…i facilitate at meetings in Sheffield… not sure if that is close by… Yorkshire is a big place! but if it is i close then pop along or meet me before the meeting for a chat…stay for a short while…that sort of thing… :grin:

3 Likes

Cheers Rob, forgot you was oop that way!

2 Likes

I didn’t hear back last night but kept myself busy giving the girls extra fun bath time with bubbles and toys etc. With my partner. Made it a family night to keep my mind busy. Then played crash CTR n I lost as always :joy:
I’ve asked my partner to remove mine and his card details from Amazon so it’s not so easy and asked him to look after my card :roll_eyes: it only sleeps in my phone case anyway x

1 Like

Hi @Robketts, I’d love to get out but find it hard with 2 little ones. Ones 19 months and the others 8 months so it’s a bit of a handful :roll_eyes::slight_smile: my partner works quite a bit especially with the run up to Christmas so it’s really hard for me to get out. I’m in West Yorkshire near Pontefract so it’s a small area too lol. I really do rely on support from family n online. Still waiting for my NHS appointment… Gonna contact them again today and ask what’s happening .

2 Likes

I’m in exactly same boat as you hun but you have a choice weather to open it and drink it or do the bravest thing you will ever do and pour it away xx

1 Like