Help just had to hit reset

Just had to hit the rest button for last night, I was doing so well. I never felt so alone I have let everyone down all I need to do is stop drinking why do I always think I can handle it I will just have one.

6 Likes

Breathe. Just one breath, one single breath.

Okay. Now another.

One more.

Do you know how big your cohonas have to be to come on here and admit you waivered and need some help? It’s huge! I am so proud of you.

We all know those feelings of hopeless and helpless. You are neither.

I want to remind you of something… Recovery doesn’t happen without relapse. In some form. Whether it be your actual DOC, mental illness you had before, or whether it just be by getting stuck in a negative loop in your head.

I don’t care about the slip. Do you know what I do care about?

You are right here.
Right now.

I am so proud of you for coming to us!

Please do not beat yourself up. (Easier said than done I know.) Seriously though. You haven’t lost the days you have, take all that knowledge with you, you know what to do.

One breath at a time.

13 Likes

None of us can have just one of anything.

It’s why we we are all here.

No one became an addict because we could regulate our using, in whatever form it took. This happened because it FEELS good. What happens when something feels good after all that pain?

We crave it.
You are not broken.
Alone. You cannot.
Together. We can.

Jesi.

9 Likes

You’re not alone. You’re here with all of us and that’s a very good thing. It’s true you’ll need to find a way to be absolutely sure of the fact we can’t have just one. We are what we are which is fine. we just have to live by it. Not even one. One day at a time. I’m glad you’re here Dash. Together we can do this. Next time you crave please post before you take that first one. We might help you to talk yourself out of it. You can do this. Success.

3 Likes

I can’t stop shaking, I have to face my family I have done this too many times before. Im so glad im on here for support if I want to live the life I want I need to stop. The craving is already with me I cannot remember last night its scarey

4 Likes

Dash, I’m sorry that you are struggling. You need to write this all down!! Every hard, painful, horrible bit of it. I wrote a letter to myself early on after I relapsed. I detailed the amount I drank and put down all of the truths. I wrote that I wanted to stop and that the booze was killing me slowly. I wrote all of the bad things I had done whilst drunk. Write it all down now whilst it’s raw. Write how you feel about going to talk to your family to be accountable for your replapse. Then keep this letter safe. I promise, the next time the voice in your head tries to convince you that you can have just one, read it and the cravings stop. I only had to read mine once, so far and it totally bitch slapped me back to the moment. This feeling will pass my friend. You gotta get back up, flush any booze/drugs left in the home and start again! We got you! Keep coming here ESPECIALLY WHEN YOURE CRAVING! You must try another way as what you were doing wasn’t working. I’m sending strength :pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi Dash, Hope your OK I am also on day 2 from a drink and drug comedown binge from 48 hours ago… We can do this ! My sponsor said to me yesterday to embrace the pain your feeling now and listen to your heart!

God / higher power is telling you this is not working for you anymore the enjoyment and “fun” is gone! NEVER to be the same again…

A little on my story i can’t even drink now without reaching on for the next substance, Its like when the alcohol goes in it makes me crave the further drug of coke automatically… Iv no control what so ever once iv taken alcohol ! BUT either way i have no control over the alcohol intake either im totally powerless over it too! Where I live both substances are easily got and everyone is doing it!

In order to change we have to do it for ourselves no matter what for me I genuinely cannot lift that first drink ! Or i end up in this mess every single time!

I’m at my pain barrier also Iv had enough ! Sick of being sick!!

Wish you well :heart:

2 Likes

OK it’s done now but next time ask for help before and not after, we can’t change the past but we might have had an influence on your future.

2 Likes

Wow Jesilouwho you made me cry, and said just what I needed to hear and it wasn’t even my post. Thank you so very much

3 Likes

Hey Dash, hang in there. Before others can forgive you, what’s most important is you forgive yourself.

Another bit of advice I’d give is to take it easy with your goals and responsibilities those first few days. The main thing you should be focused on is your health; that is your new goal.

As others have said, write - or find some other medium of expressing yourself and how you feel.

The first few days suck because of the withdrawal; it almost feels like you’re being punished for now trying to do the right thing. You can do this. Find that inner strength. Reach out if you need anything!

2 Likes

No thanks needed.

This group has yet to let me fall flat on my face… Saved my life in a literal sense.

Forever here. For everyone.

Alone. I cannot.
Together. WE CAN!

3 Likes

Thank you everyone, this has been a really hard day but hearing all your comments has made it bareable. Day 2 starts tomorrow all I have to do is make it thro the night. I am writing things down now to look back on and I think its helping x