Help me through this craving please

Hello hello.

Ok so at 90 days AF now.
Alls going well. Well, was…

I was booked in for a shift today through an agency I work for. Woke up at 6am, got sorted and all prepared for the shift (24 hours) took my little girl to her dads and set off.
Get there and turns out the company has double booked so I was sent home.
Now I’m back home, alone, no kid here, no plans because I was supposed to be at work so didnt make any and for the first time in 90 days that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: little voice is saying… “oh well why not! It’s a nice day, no responsibility and no one will know, just get a bottle of wine (as if it’ll end at one :roll_eyes:) and go for a walk or sit in the garden!” And all the rest it tries to sell you.

I know its BS and I dont really feel like drinking but if I dont talk about it that voice will get louder and I just need to silence it, so I came here.

What should I do today instead?? :thinking:

13 Likes

Yes! I had this exact same problem yesterday and a very dear person on this forum helped me to get out of it. I was home alone. Friday afternoon. All kids gone. All housework done and nothing to do. I chose a film in the end to keep distracted. Play the tape through. Like you said. It would not end up being one bottle. You would get super drunk. Pass out on the sofa or somewhere. You would waste a whole day that you had just for yourself… And you will feel a lot of guilt. Come on you did 90 days. You will get through these 24 hours now. Maybe call a dear friend? Get some delicious food? Chose a movie or a good book? Take a long walk or do some sports? There are a lot of different online Trainings for free. Just don’t pick up. You can do this. You’ve done it 90 days before. Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada:

9 Likes

Hey I am here to talk if needed. Just one of those days unfortunately, they stumble across us. That’s just reality, take control of the day and don’t lose your focus.

3 Likes

Thanks guys!
Yeah you’re right, days like this WILL happen, suppose I’ve been quite lucky that I’ve had it so easy up until now. This is the thing with binge drinking, I’m fine for months for something like this will happen then I’ll think 'what the hell, theres nothing else to do…" well there is things I can do just like any other day! And it wont just be one day, itll go right into next week too I know it will. I have to remember how I felt the last time, I was scared I was going to die, no joke I have it all typed down somewhere so I’ll read that and ring a friend.
I’m having a coffee right now then I think I’ll go for a big walk, do some gardening and house work then make a nice dinner later.
It’s still there scratching away in the back of my mind but the imagined appeal of drinking is wearing off. :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

I’m busy looking on gumtree for some furniture to upcycle :laughing: I love doing that and it takes up a whole day!
I know it’s been freezing here… all iced over come the morning time… its killed off my baby clematis plant that was growing so not too happy about that :unamused: winter doesn’t want to give up this year :laughing:
Nice and bright now though so I should make the most of it, might even go to the woods.

2 Likes

You know what I do when I get urges and cravings? I stay on here and read. I read till It passes. It always does…just stay on here and read. Make semi plans to keep your self occupied - go for a 10k step walk, leave the house with no credit cards or cash and go out into nature. Take your self out for a massage! Go to the bookstore and sit and brouse! Go get your hair done. Go get your nails done. Go be a ‘tourist’ In your own city… There is SO MUCH you can do… Just do not drink. Dont. :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Gumtree?? Are you in Australia aswell?

1 Like

No in England! I love gumtree though haha. It’s a selling site here not an actual tree :laughing:

3 Likes

I have a physical list in the front of my journal of things I enjoy doing but sometimes forget about when I’m struggling/low/exhausted. I use it for all sorts of things. Felt silly at the time of writing it but it does help. Reading, writing and walking are my top three.

3 Likes

I know lol :joy: its an Australian website , thats why I asked lol I frequently visited Gumtree when I lived in London to look for accommodation lol :joy:

1 Like

I literally have the same thing. No joke… Every morning I journal I actually copy the entire 15 point list point by point, so I can keep reminded daily of what I intend to do etc… It actually helps re-writting it every day. Mine is More of a ‘goals’ list, like “get my drivers license” “buy a dog” “try botox lol” lol :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… I rewrite it first thing in the a.m in my journal time. It keeps me focused!! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I like this idea… it’s a bit like arya stark in game of thrones when she repeats her list every night :laughing: but her list was about vengeance/murder not goals so not exactly the same thing but you know what I mean! :laughing:
Which reminds me… I do have ALL of game of thrones to re watch… :thinking:

1 Like

I can so relate
I think I have 93 or 94 and now twice that voice has been there. Someone told me I could do anything except pick up. I didn’t like it yet for me they were right. Things aren’t going my way so I want to hurt myself and others. Grr. So I clean take multiple showers, eat something, call someone and ask about them, take a walk, read a devotion or BB, soon it’s gone, well a little while. Congrats on 90!!!

3 Likes

You’re so close to being a “triple digit midget,” as they say in the Army. Keep your quit! : )

1 Like

Would you believe , I never watched game of thrones :thinking: not a single episode lol… I’ve literally seen everything thats ever been good or trended, but game of thrones just by passed me :joy: one for the bucket list!

1 Like

Sometimes I think the first couple of months are easier (this is the second time I’ve given this a try) because you almost have more wind in your sails at first but that soon passes then it rears its head just when you think you’re safe from it :unamused:

3 Likes

Never thought of that actually, 9 days away from being in the 100s :scream::grin:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for bringing this up. I’m in Florida yet I believe we all journey together. I refer to this next time I feel this way. So glad your getting through. If nothing else goes right, we did the most important thing. So glad too for your child. :revolving_hearts::pray::gift_heart:

3 Likes

90 days is amazing! I get you 100%. Im almost never alone. Always at home busy working and my gf who doesn’t let me drink or anything. I’ve gone months clean then on a day alone (like yesterday for me) I’m just thinking “why not” “you’ve done great, treat yourself” then i end up drinking for weeks or months non stop.
Im also trying to find hobbies and new distractions for those alone days that i have to deal with myself mentally and emotionally.
How did it go? Picture of dinner??? How you feeling today friend?
I got through yesterday eventually.

1 Like

The day has been absolutely shit :laughing::laughing:
I had planned to work today so youd think I’d be happy to have a free day yet for some reason, even though I want to do something, I just cant muster up the energy to do the things i know will make me feel better. :woman_shrugging: idk why.
I went to the shop and bought some dinner and snacks, I’ve been so good eating healthy for months now but I had some chocolate and nuts then a brioche burger… now I feel fat and sluggish :laughing: but it was better than drinking, and it felt like snacks or drinking so I went with the lesser of two evils.

I was trying to get ready to go out earlier (just for a walk) but I was getting pissed off because I had nothing to wear… wtf I was going for a WALK it didn’t matter what I wore :laughing: but then I got so annoyed I just stayed in and I’m watching game of thrones :unamused::woman_facepalming::laughing:

So, probably not the best way to go about things but it is what it is and I’m sober so there’s that.
Tomorrow is a new day…

2 Likes