Help needed for my sober quest

Be determimated and take everyhelp you can get and you will!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great. Youā€™re doing awesome already.

1 Like

He, welkom hier, a lot of good info to read in this forum. Keep coming back when you need help! Always someone awake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin: Thanks Lola! I will keep coming back I will promise you that! I need al the help I can get!

2 Likes

At 10:21 this morning was my day 3.

5 Likes

Well done!

Iam almost on day 3 and I am doing wel.

Keep up the good work :grin::muscle:t3:

2 Likes

I also stayed sober my 3 day.!

At work today it was easy to so NO to alcoholā€¦ Donā€™t no why it was so easy to say NOā€¦ Because normaly I get cravings when I finish work at about 2300h. But today felt different and I feel real good about that.

When I arrived home my girlfriend was having a glass of wine with a friendā€¦ She didnā€™t offert me a drink because she knows I am not drinking. And the bottle was almost empty :rofl:.
I felt likeā€¦ ā€œOooh that looks niceā€ā€¦ a good glass of wineā€¦ But i ignored that feeling and took a real long shower because I know that all shops close in half a hour :muscle:t3::sunglasses:.

So now Iam save and the cravings are gone.

I dont realy understand why I got cravings by coming home and see my girlfriend drinking and not at work where alot of people where drinkingā€¦ :roll_eyes::thinking:

But anywayā€¦ I go to bed now and made it another day sober and that is al wat counts!

:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

1 Like

I dont realy understand why I got cravings by coming home and see my girlfriend drinking and not at work where alot of people where drinkingā€¦

I was told that I get cravings because Iā€™m an alcoholic. Even after years of sobriety, I can still be stimulated at odds times and romance the idea of a drink. Fortunately, it does get easier to dismiss these silly thoughts when they do arise.

3 Likes

Proud of you

1 Like

For me this is a real milestone because the last time was over 6 months ago :sunglasses::grin::pray:

The strange thing is that I dont realy have the bad cravings I have normally.
I had some cravings, but after 30 min they where over.

For the first time I am trying some supplements now which I read on the Internet should help with withdrawal symptoms.

Magnesium
L-Glutamine
L-Thyrosine

Does anybody has experience or also benefits with those supplements?

I am not sure my cravings are less because of those supplements or just because of my different mindset and focus!

1 Like

How are you doing?

I am on my second day after fighting for about two weeks now. What seems to be helping me now is counting the breaths, instead of the days. Maybe Iā€™ll start counting the days if I can get into the double digits. But I can always switch back to counting beaeth if I need to

3 Likes

@LisamariešŸ‘

I think something went wrong?