Herbs and vitamins

Whats your anti poisons?

What do you use them for?

In the beginning I uses a vitamin B complex. Because of my alcohol use it’s normal to have a low amound of vitamin B in the body. That’s why I took them.

3 Likes

The only thing I take regularly (though not every day) is B12.

I sometimes take a multivitamin if I feel my diet has been lacking.

I also eat a lot of turmeric for my arthritis.

But I don’t take anything specifically for my recovery

3 Likes

Multivitamin, Turmeric, and Fish Oil.

Merely supplemental to a steady, consistent diet of quality unprocessed food. I started feeling better when I started eating better and being aware of what goes in my body. Haven’t looked back since.

4 Likes

Turmeric, a multivitamin formulated for guys my age, krill oil, glucosamine and chondroitin, vitamin d in the winter.

4 Likes

Tumeric for joint pain, B complex for anxiety/stress/mental wellness, Potassium for blood pressure, sometimes Melatonin for sleep.

If you start taking vitamins and/or minerals, it can take 2 to 4 weeks before vitamins take affect and up to 90 days for minerals to get fully absorbed, so basically, stick with it for a while. :wink:

3 Likes

Initially I alternated my days with either a multivitamin or b-complex and took magnesium in the evenings. Then after about a month I started to take turmeric and krill oil. Have been slacking lately and my energy levels low. Need to start back up on the supplements again. Glad you asked.

1 Like

Good call on the D, I need to get that too.

2 Likes

Im now Talking Vitamin D, and B6/B12

2 Likes

If you need the minerals quick, colloidal minerals are the way to go.

1 Like

I take

Lemon water, beetroot juice and garlic capsules for blood and liver. I usually take milk thistle a few months of the year but as I am taking sertraline I can’t mix it.

I also take chlorella for a great immune system. I need to get some tumeric and black pepper capsules.

I try eat a banana every morning for my potassium and I also take vit D. I drink nettle tea for natural anti histamine and I also take black strap mollases twice a day for all its good minerals and stabalizing blood sugar levels.

No b vitamins though as they make my mind race for some reason.

I had the same issue with B vitamins @jakee01, made ny mind race. Same with magnesium made my brain chatter.

I take a probiotic for gut health, biotin for hair health (does not make my mind race), D for joint health, krill oil for joint and heart health, collagen for my skin.

1 Like

Why I choose krill oil, plus because krill are lower on the food chain than fish, more easily absorbed.

1 Like

Absorption. Krill oil is one of the purest, most easily absorbed omega-3, because it’s low on the food chain.

Same rationale for why sardines and eggs are a huge part of my diet. Sardines are low in mercury and high in omega 3, because they eat krill and other small aquatics. The higher up the food-chain, the more mercury and more complex the protein. Swordfish, shark, grouper, tuna, salmon, all have higher heavy metals per gram, because these are slow to leave a body. Krill has the lowest levels of heavy metals of all animal derived omega 3, because they eat zooplankton.

3 Likes

Vitamin B and folic acid which i have to take because I’m prone to anaemia

1 Like

I found this on the web

''Certain vitamins such as B-complex are stimulatory and will cause anxiety and even panic attacks in some people. Minerals such as copper, manganese and others are also stimulatory. Certain herbs such as ginseng and eluthero are also somewhat stimulatory and can cause anxiety. Be careful with supplements, as they are not all benign."

1 Like

I never knew about this. That’s good to know Stevie thanks.

I tend to take chlorrella and Spirulina to remove heavy metals from my system. Funnily enough I have put sardines on my shopping list this week.

1 Like

I can run for a long time on brown rice with sardines (i like the boneless skinless kind packed in olive oil) and Saverne Siracha Sour Kraut, or brown rice, steam poached egg and kimchee.

I’m not prone to food fatigue. I credit this to my time in the Corps. Only 12 varieties of MRE when I was in, and being Senior, I got what was left after the juniors got to pick. Always ended up with the same 2-3 meals: Ham Omelet, Tuna Noodles, or Chicken ala King. Learned to love them.

2 Likes

Interesting. My husband is a marine, he is the biggest foodie I have ever met though, for the same reason- the MREs)))

2 Likes

“Somewhat”…Once I stayed up for 50 hrs getting ready for the University finals running purely on ginseng extract))

1 Like