Here and accountable For our own actions check in

Checking in ,I am here and accountable for my own actions.I am sober today and plan to stay that way.

8 Likes

Well today’s my sons 21st birthday.that does bring back some old emotions but I’m not drinking and when we talk today I will tell him to be safe and if he drinks don’t over do it

2 Likes

Meeting will make your sober journey easier and happy birthday to your son , my sons havnt seen me drinking sober before they were born wish you well

2 Likes

Thank you,yeah my kid watched me be a functioning drunk all his life,maybe he learned from my mistakes,he’s got a level head so I’m thinking he will be smarter than I was and not get caught up in drinking.and the meeting thing,im feeling good where I’m at right now,I sure they are beneficial but I’m such a loner I’m just don’t feel like it’s for me at this point,if I loose mr focus I may look into them more.19 days sober and feels great !

2 Likes

Dixie keep us posted on your journey wish you well , my sons are 24 and 22

2 Likes

Well I didn’t sleep worth a damn last night,had some life issues come up yesterday evening and a silly slight argument with a family member.and of course the cravings to get drunk came along with that ,but I didn’t drink so I’m still moving forward

3 Likes

Good for you Dixie…adding up those days and not turning to drink for stress release. It was a big aha day for me when I finally realized that alcohol and drinking brought WAY more stress into my life. It added nothing but took so much.

2 Likes

Checking in. Day 42, no alcohol. Not even a drop. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to say that. I’m on the verge of finishing my 12 steps and ready to help the alcoholic that still suffers! Staying vigilante. Going to meetings. Complacency is my enemy!

6 Likes

Well I went to a normal Sunday night with friends, we cooked out shot the shit and they drank.i am 21 days sober today and am not drinking today

4 Likes

Thats the way to do it happy in recovery well done

1 Like

Still moving forward,I think the every day cycle is broke now cause the cravings seem less for the most part.i will not drink today

2 Likes

Day 23 is going good,no plan to drink today,but at work today drinking was for sure the main topic.thats what everyone was talking and telling big fun stories about.i didn’t tell a single story I just listened

2 Likes

Day 46. Still hanging in there despite things that would’ve lead me to drink before…NOT THIS TIME!

3 Likes

Yeah if I leave drinking as a option I will give in and drink.So it’s not going to happen.i have to find other ways to deal with everyday bs now.which it’s a little easier dealing for the most part alcohol free

2 Likes

Day 24 ,ran 3 miles this morning and feeling good. I will not drink today

3 Likes

Checking in day one and I’m accountable for my own actions and that is not to drink today!!

2 Likes

I’m still here with you too.
Had a long week and we have a lil rain event this weekend coming in, but I will manage my extra time with hobbies.

2 Likes

I got to go fishing today I guess I caught about 20 ,that’s a good day,I feel great and will not drink today :grinning:

1 Like

Day 26 .Drinking my coffee getting ready to go sit on a tractor and do some bush hogging.I use to would get set by drinking vodka but not anymore I will be sober today.

To show how crazy a drinkers mind works I watched a star is born and it’s a movie of a man with aterrible battle with alcohol and drugs and it’s amazing how I watched him going through hell then after movie goes off I’m wanting to drink.Crazy!Im not drinking today