Here I am...rocking day 3 again

Ugh I had 22 days!!! Last relapse I had 21. Some of you may know me still small in this community. Those who don’t I really hurt myself physically and emotional last relapse. I’ve been trying to get sober for about 13 years from alcohol. The 29th of April was a day before my daughter’s 7th birthday. Let’s just say that night when I was caught having a beer I got a full one chucked at my face hitting me on my eye, knocked me out, and did some very bad damage. I only have one eye right now from that, and still one leg from the relapse before. When does it stop. I wish we could know when the last time is. When can I truly promise people? I’ve lost alot of people over this last one.
I love you all new and old…stay strong drink coffee…or tea…or even best yet just stick to water

6 Likes

Dig deep, Nicole, you have it in you. It’s hard to break a habit but you will wonder what you ever saw in getting lit after your sober for awhile.
I’ll be 2 full years on June 1st. Should be 3 in August but i finally got it. I never want to go back to drinking ever.
Life is still hard but it’s easier to navigate.
Stick around!

2 Likes

I’m concerned about who threw a full beer at your face? No one deserves that.

3 Likes

You can’t. Its not a realistic goal to even strive for at this point.
You can become willing to make the changes required to stay sober. All of those relapses prove there are some things you haven’t been willing to do. That how it was for me.

I know the place you are coming from. I know it well. The last time I drank. I was there. It made me willing to take a deep look at myself. To recognize how not making changes kept giving me the same horrible results. I became willing to make changes, and do things I wasn’t willing to do before.

I had to make recovery valuable to me.

I still cant promise anyone I wont ever drink again. Because I work on my recovery every day. I can promise myself I wont be drinking today. The trust of others build upon each day I successfully don’t drink. It adds value to my recovery. It helps me not want to throw it away.

Glad your here!

4 Likes

I’m glad you made it back just find a program that works for you be it AA or inpatient rehab or iop it’s going to take work but the payoff of sobriety is so worth it just take it one day at a time I hope you stick around there are a lot of supportive people here

2 Likes

Solid comment about willing to make changes. That’s helpful. Nixy, just focus on today and take care of yourself.

1 Like