Here I go back to day 1

Good morning everyone, well let’s see I haven’t been here for a while. I just got done having shoulder surgery and who would of the urges are the same and sometimes heightened from the boredom of not working. This past few weeks I let myself go and drank about every single day. So here we are back at day 1 :unamused:

6 Likes

I was in your shoes just yesterday, building on day 2, guilt has subsided some even just overnight, youll feel better tomorrow.

6 Likes

Me too. Ugh. But we can do this!

4 Likes

Back at day 2 for me :pensive:

5 Likes

So back on your horse and go for it!

3 Likes

Welcome back on track :muscle:

1 Like

I had to reset almost 3 weeks ago too, after having been “good” for about 4 months. I was really annoyed with myself, but you get over it.
Move past it and start again, you can do it, we all can.
Remember that you aren’t DEPRIVING yourself of anything, you’re FREEING yourself.

Anyway… if alcohol was really so wonderful and healthy, then you could drink 250 ml of PURE alcohol and you would be fine !
Of course, we all know that that much alcohol would kill just about anyone… strange that drinking 250 ml of pure water, or pure orange juice, or even 250 ml of Coca Cola wouldn’t kill you, but alcohol… !

I find checking in here quite regularly to be really helpful…

8 Likes

Thank you for your honesty. I was there 7 days ago and I know I have to be watchful all the time. All my support and prayers

2 Likes

Just image if you walked up 50 flights of stairs, then fell all the way down… With the aches and pains of the fall… imagine how tired you would be having to walk back up to the 50th floor…

4 Likes

Life isnt about how hard you can hit. It is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. …Rocky

2 Likes

It’s just a bump in the road.

1 Like

Thank you Niiina

1 Like

I love this quote

Welcome back!!!
It maybe day one all over again but this is also a day won!!!
You got this

3 Likes

Still going :muscle:?

1 Like

Reset again after the holidays. Nothing like being up all night with anxiety and shame from breaking my sobriety

3 Likes

What type of program are you working?

3 Likes

No shame in starting over again. Most of us have had to start over. Important thing is that you are. Stick around and read a lot. Tons of helpful people and useful advice. I’m only at 14 days and I can tell you I’ve spent hours on this site. It’s been a huge support for me.

4 Likes

Please don’t give up!!! You are not alone in this battle

3 Likes

Watched that movie again last night actually… Haha